Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension for LQ9 and S60

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Suspension for LQ9 and S60

Have yall had much experience with cars equipted with heavier engines and heavier rear axles? I'm looking to go with an iron block and a strange s60 in the future and was wondering if something like Strano's famous suspension kit would still yeild good results, or if lt1 springs or something else would work to my advantage.

I've also found myself at an interesting crossroads where I am trying to decide if I am going "strait line" or "canyon carver". I enjoy driving my car and a tight handling setup, but I honestly believe i'll find myself at the strip more than an autox meet. So, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I should also point out that I plan on building my future iron block up with a turbo, and in addition to a kit like Strano's I am interested in subframe connectors, lca relocation brackets and lcas... for holeshot traction.

I understand that I will never be a great strait line car, nor a great canyon carver with this setup, but I'd like to find some comprimise in the suspension that can support both driving habits to some degree. Is that impossible? lol...

I figure that Koni shocks/struts are probably going to be the best there, but what springs should I go with? The LQ9 is going to drop me down some in the front while the S60 (with huge axle shafts) will raise the rear. We're trying to stay away from the hijacker rear look here... No !