Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need to replace master, clutch, slave, flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to replace master, clutch, slave, flywheel?

I have had a clutch sticking to the floor prob, car is 00 M6 SS stock w/catback y pipe stock gears. ect... very easy 40k on it was putting 2-3000 miles a year on it now it has become my DD so..... stuff is starting to go. I flushed the slave last week and it seemed better but now it is back to sticking again. So I have to remove the trans I might as well replace the slave, the master, and since I don't want to have to go in there again the clutch and may be a lighter flywheel. I have 4'11s that I have yet to install if that helps. Would I go with a Tic Master and Slave? or stock, I may go to LTs, cam and heads down the road. also was thinking of a Spec clutch, I run a Centerforce in my 87 T56 and that is doing great. Any sugg??? Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by formula87
I have had a clutch sticking to the floor prob, car is 00 M6 SS stock w/catback y pipe stock gears. ect... very easy 40k on it was putting 2-3000 miles a year on it now it has become my DD so..... stuff is starting to go. I flushed the slave last week and it seemed better but now it is back to sticking again. So I have to remove the trans I might as well replace the slave, the master, and since I don't want to have to go in there again the clutch and may be a lighter flywheel. I have 4'11s that I have yet to install if that helps. Would I go with a Tic Master and Slave? or stock, I may go to LTs, cam and heads down the road. also was thinking of a Spec clutch, I run a Centerforce in my 87 T56 and that is doing great. Any sugg??? Thanks

Well, I sell Monster Clutches, and you can find pricing and info below in my sig, and of course you can call or pm/email me as well for a clutch.
TICK does not sell their own slave, just their MC. They sale slaves, but not their own.

That being said, all slaves are pretty much teh same (aside from a few), and is highly recommended to replace it if going in, as it sounds like you have a hydraulic issue. You can pick up a new slave with a Monster Clutch (comes in teh Premium package), and it also comes with Clutch disc, PP, Flywheel, Pilot Bearing, alignment tool, 1 year warranty, and great customer service.

If you have any other questions, again, drop me a line or give me a call.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Formula, if you are going to do it, replace everything that could potentially be an issue in the future. Slave, Flywheel, Clutch, pilot bearing, etc...its just easier to do it right the first time, you know what I mean. We offer seven different single-disc options as well as multi-disc options too. Based on the mods listed above you would be fine with a stage 1! Of course, if you are like most folks, eventually you will want to upgrade the car further. That being the case it won't hurt you to go the route of a stage 2 or even higher depending on your plans for the future. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks,
Old 09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

The Tick Adj MC helped with the sticky pedal to the floor issue. and I have a monster 3.5 waiting to be installed when I get some dinero
Old 09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replys, I may be going over my budget a little just really want to update from stock since I don't know when I may do some engine mods. Who has installed A Spec stage 1 or 2 on a car with a few mods?? What about a Z06 clutch?? I work at a GM dealer so I could pick on of those up.
This is a pretty much stock SS that will get 4.11s when I do the clutch and slave, and flywheel. It seemed to me I read a stock GM flywheel is about 45lbs??

Last edited by formula87; 09-10-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

I really like the stage 2. It is extremely drivable and has great capacity. We sell a number of these units, though the most popular kit we provide for the LS1 is the Stage 3+. I am sure this would be overkill for you though it is still nice and drivable. Let me know if you have any further questions about these and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks again!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I think I would like the spec stage 2 as well if I do mods in the future but I would also like the billet flywheel, so my budget won't let me get both I would stay away form the stage 3 I've heard stories of people getting those or ones like them and driving them like I am used to as a DD and slipping them like a factory stock clutch and you can't do that with that type of clutch right?. made for highly modded engines...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Formula, give me a call and we can talk over your options. I'll do what I can to help you! Thanks,
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Formula, give me a call and we can talk over your options. I'll do what I can to help you! Thanks,
Thanks I will,

Who else has heard this when getting a new slave cly I heard that you want to get a 2001 or newer design because the 98-00 is not as good???
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wont go wrong with either Spec or Monster. Both are amazing companies with OUTSTANDING customer service...
Old 09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
FormerVendor

Formula, I don't even think you can get a pre-01 slave anymore. I haven't seen one in years. I have OE replacement slave and master assemblies on the shelf if you wanted to add them to the purchase of your stage2 etc... I just thought you might like to do all your shopping in one place!

Charlie, thanks for kind words. We certainly do our very best to supply a great product and fantastic customer service. Let me know if you need anything in the future.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Formula, I don't even think you can get a pre-01 slave anymore. I haven't seen one in years. I have OE replacement slave and master assemblies on the shelf if you wanted to add them to the purchase of your stage2 etc... I just thought you might like to do all your shopping in one place!

Charlie, thanks for kind words. We certainly do our very best to supply a great product and fantastic customer service. Let me know if you need anything in the future.
Thanks I figured everyone would be selling the new design anyway. Will be giving you a call thinking stage2,master cly, and slave cly and resurface my flywheel??
Do I need the stage two or will the stage one be enough???

Quick Reply: Need to replace master, clutch, slave, flywheel?