Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Isolator Nut Thread Size?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isolator Nut Thread Size?

I am looking for replacement nuts, the ones that have a washer underneath, that go on inside the engine bay, but are connected to the upper isolator on the front shock mount. It's also the nuts used for torquing down a strut tower brace. One was rounded off a bit. I am looking for replacements, preferably grade 8. I have gone to 3 hardware stores and they keep giving me the wrong parts. No one can match the same washer size and they claim the thread is 3/8's, but I can't get a 3/8's over the stud. The stockers can wind down to about half of the stud. Anyone have a gm part number or know the exact thread size?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly what you are talking about, I just replaced mine.

The size you need is 10 MM X 1.5

Your best bet would be to try and find an industrial hardware store if you want a high grade nut, if you cant find one boltdepot.com is a good source.

Or get them from the dealer, here's the part number 11517996
Old 09-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot!! You answered my question and then some. I am going to pickup the grade the 18-8 fender washers and grade 10.9 nuts from boltdepot. Their warehouse is about 15 min from one of my jobs. I can just pop by there tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool man glad to hear boltdepot is close to you, I've ordered from them before and had good luck.

I finally found an industrial hardware store like boltdepot in my area and by the time I had gathered everything I wanted my total was over $60 at the register. I was like a freaking kid in a candy store in that place all that stainless and high grade hardware

Quick Reply: Isolator Nut Thread Size?