General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

radiator nipple cap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default radiator nipple cap?

Do they make a strong rubber cap for the radiator nipple on the passenger side? I have changed the way the coolant lines go and just have a vacume cap on there now and its starting to look bad. Any ideas.

Carl
Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no clue what you're asking.

Maybe some pics will help.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thinks he means a cap for the tee coming off one of the lines.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Banned

Hmmm...well they do make little black nipples that are for capping off heater ports. They come in like 4 different sizes.

See the two black caps in the picture below......one on my vacuum port on the TB and one on my passenger valve cover port....those are heater caps meant for radiator ports. I've seen much more heavy duty ones too.

The second picture is my extra port on the LT1 radiator I put in my LS1. I used a short piece of 3/8" heater hose, clamped it onto the port, then stuck a plastic plug in the other end to use for flushing the cooling system easily. You could do that maybe and cap off the other end the same way. Mine has been like that for about 5 years now and its still good and strong.

Attached Thumbnails radiator nipple cap?-no.pcv.system.jpg   radiator nipple cap?-lt1.radi.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you talking about the pet ****??? Not sure what is being mentioned either..
Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

LS6 - In your first pic thats the kind of cap im using. The nipple im talking about is on the passenger side of the radiator close to the top. I think it supplies coolant to the throttle body.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedgtp
LS6 - In your first pic thats the kind of cap im using. The nipple im talking about is on the passenger side of the radiator close to the top. I think it supplies coolant to the throttle body.
Oh yea, your talking about the nipple directly under the nipple for the over-flow line...right?

That thing can take one of those caps with a clamp. But like I said...I have seen much more heavy duty caps. The ones I have on the TB and intake ports in my pictures were NOT the heavy duty ones. I didn;t need them to be so thick and tough.

If you can't find them just use 2 inches of heater hose, clamp it on, then plug the other end and clamp it also.

I'm going to the parts store today actually, if I find them I'll grab'em and mail them to you. They're only a couple dollars.

Quick Reply: radiator nipple cap?