Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What do U guys know about this Indash DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do U guys know about this Indash DVD

What do U guys think about the clarion VRX630 In dash monitor. I am thinking about buying it, but I'd like opinions before I slap the cash down.

Link:
http://audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/VRX630pkg/detail.asp
Old 11-29-2003, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had a friend with an older Clarion DVD in dash player. I have always like Clarion products. If you are looking into buying it, you can't go wrong with one for the price.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's a good price for that model, imo. I have owned Clarion head units in the past and have been very satisfied with them. I have also seen this particular unit in a car, and it was nice. I would say go for it. I am also very pleased with the panasonic in dash dvd player I bought off of ebay. It doesnt have a screen, but I paid about $320 for it and I bought an audiobahn monitor for $239. For the price, I would surely go with the Clarion.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Personally I hate Clarion I always found it inferior to almost everything out there. As far as a indash DVD player goes I would choose a Alpine, Kenwood, or Panasonic before I ever considered Clarion. But they aren't nearly as cheap as the Clarion, but in my experience you get what you pay for.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

I had the Kenwood KVT-915DVD in my GTP last spring and it was the greatest thing to have in the car during the spring/summer when its nice out. Keep in mind that it is ILLEGAL to have a movie/tv going in the front seat in all 50 states, the only thing that can be visually working on those screens is navigation. Therefore, IN-DASH DVD players have a switch that is supposed to go to your emerg. brake so it has to be engaged for it to work. However, if you know someone who does installation they will "accidently" forget to do it. No places like Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics, Circuit City or any other retailing place will do that for you because of the appending lawsuits they could have against them for installing it since you could just tell the officer that you didn't know the law and they did the installation to get yourself out of the ticket.

Other than that, there is NOTHING like having a movie playing with the windows down cruising through the streets and seeing everyone looking at you becaue of it.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

wow somebody likes attention a little to much
Old 12-20-2003, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

dood i went the "ghetto" route...i bought a 7 inch hide away lcd screen off ebay (from a friend) for 40 bucks, and i made a bracket and threw my Playstation2 under my passenger seat. i hooked the ps2 and monitor to the head unit via media in port that was on the head unit, that way i could play it through out the system...

the Monitor i put a bracket on the cup holder in the center console that swings out.

Clarion is ok stuff, you can't seem to go wrong. And their customer service department has seemed to be pretty good, above average id say. I know Sell2All, an ebay seller, has a bunch of clarion stuff you might want to check them out to see if you might find an even better price.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Q: Why?
What is the point?
Call me old or safe, but it seems about as practical as:
someone trying to watch TV while driving a car... :insert perplexed smiley here: