Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a dual stage setup...idea inside...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thinking about a dual stage setup...idea inside...thoughts?

I am thinking about doing a dual stage setup on my GTO.

I am thinking about doing a 75 hp dry shot after the maf, and use my iat to pull timing and add fuel with hp tuners. I think I could just use a single nozzle for this. This would not have any gear lockouts, and would come in at 3500 and shut off at 6500 rpm or so.

Then I would add in a wet plate kit, and this would be set up to spray between a 125 and a 225 depending on how I feel. This would have a first gear lockout and come in at 5200 and shut off at 6500 or so. I would be pulling fuel off of the rail for this.

I have hp tuners, and would take care of the tuning myself. I have a wideband, lean shut down switch, and nitrous outlet dual stage window switch.

My rev limiter is set to 7000, and I try to shift by 6700 to 6800.

I have a lingenfelter/ walbro kit, and green top 42 lb injectors.

HP estimates with both stages (if I had a total of 300 hp shot) would be in the 700 to 750 range in theory on a dynojet.

My car is a 04 6 speed GTO and the motor is a 347 w/ forged rods and pistons, balanced bottom end, arp bolts and arp head studs. Cometic head gaskets. I have a monster level 3 clutch, and the rest of the drivetrain is stock (for now)

Anyone see any problems here? I'm kind of worried about my fuel system. Is this even feasible? If not, what do I need?

Last edited by slammin86; 09-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a boostapump. How are you gonna pull timing with HPTuners? Through the IAT spark table? Or though the Main spark table? I am attemping to do the same thing. Good luck. I didnt want to keep changing tunes. total pain in the ***.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Braciole
You need a boostapump. How are you gonna pull timing with HPTuners? Through the IAT spark table? Or though the Main spark table? I am attemping to do the same thing. Good luck. I didnt want to keep changing tunes. total pain in the ***.
Whats the limit on the fuel pump setup I have now?

IAT tricker. Whenever the solenoids get power a relay is activated that switches the signal to the ecu and makes it think the iat is 200 degrees. Then go into the iat spark tables and pull x amount of timing. I will also add fuel for the dry shot using the iat vs pe tables.