Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of 4L60E MVB Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 PM
STG
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of 4L60E MVB Questions...

Looking into installing a manual valve body in my 60E; the car is near stock and daily driven. Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight.

1. Transgo's 4L60E-3 kit comes with vacuum controlled line pressure kit, and I believe that converter lockup can be retained with it simply by leaving the trans harness plugged in. Is this kit thus completely plug and play, or are there other parts needed?

2. I understand the car will start throwing codes if you install this kit without a tune, but will that be the only negative effect? Will running an untuned MVB affect the life of the trans?

3. Will installing the MVB make it possible to perform no-throttle downshifts without adverse effect? For example, shifting down a gear while braking before a corner?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used one in my wifes NA car...(low 11 high 10) it is driven on the street way more then track. The kit is complete, but there are other mods that would help with the life of the trans: servos, pressure valves, ect... There is a resistor that comes with the kit to bypass the factory pressure servo. you have to unhook the connectors from all the shift solinoids except the PW and lock up ones. If you use the supplied vacuum modulator, the car will shif light under light load nd hrd under heavy load. You may have to shift from 2 to 3 200 rpm sooner then 1 to 2. The ger you pick is the gear you take off in. If you pull it down to first on the highway.... well get redy for a ride. If you chose full man, then you should use a gate shifter for safety.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by STG
Looking into installing a manual valve body in my 60E; the car is near stock and daily driven. Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight.

1. Transgo's 4L60E-3 kit comes with vacuum controlled line pressure kit, and I believe that converter lockup can be retained with it simply by leaving the trans harness plugged in. Is this kit thus completely plug and play, or are there other parts needed?

2. I understand the car will start throwing codes if you install this kit without a tune, but will that be the only negative effect? Will running an untuned MVB affect the life of the trans?

3. Will installing the MVB make it possible to perform no-throttle downshifts without adverse effect? For example, shifting down a gear while braking before a corner?