Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 shot, check out my plugs and tune...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 200 shot, check out my plugs and tune...

Looking for some help here, i've got a dp200 shot on my ms3 z28 and am running 110octane. Attached is my hpt tune and log. It has a pretty bad lean spike, which im looking for some advice on fixing. Also I'm commanding 17 degrees of timing but for some reason its pushing 19!!!?? I will post up the plugs shortly, all timing lines are after the bend on the strap the plugs show the tune is a bit rich but im seeing the tiny tiny black specs on a couple plugs, could it be the 19 degrees? Help me out, I'd rather not blow her up just yet......
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
dp 200shot 17timing.hpt (451.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: hpl
spray.hpl (13.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Here are the plugs, pictures kinda suck, i put them under a magnifying glass but still not too good. These were the worst looking ones in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails 200 shot, check out my plugs and tune...-plug1.jpg   200 shot, check out my plugs and tune...-plug2.jpg   200 shot, check out my plugs and tune...-plug3.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how were these plugs ran? lots of idle time or what?

usually the process is put new plugs in, make a pull shut off and pull. then you will be able to get a great reading. looks like those have some run time to them...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Launching!

your exactly right, plugs have a month or so of use, they are getting replaced tomorrow though and i will be re testing, it was brought to my attention as to why 19degrees of timing is on it, so i have made my changes and will be testing tomorrow w/ brand new plugs
Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Making some progress, ive got the lean spike alil bit better, ive just changed commanded afr to a bit richer when the spike hits then I've got it going back to normal after the spike. Ive also leaned it out abit overall, 11.6-12.0 I backed the timing to 15, it will show 15.5 when the spray is on though. Added is the log and updated tune
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
dp 200shot 15timing.hpt (451.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: hpl
sprsy3.hpl (4.4 KB, 62 views)
Old 09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Hmm...I'm not sure.

You've definatly got 17 degrees on your high octane table, i really dont know what else to look at though, but I'm wondering if you're going into open loop vs closed loop i believe you should be in and the PCM if making its own adjustments.

I'm curious about a couple things on your scanner, no mph, coolant temp got a little high at the end of your pass and its was a real short WOT pull, and when i go to look at your high octane map in the scanner/histrogram it doesnt see ANY timing, only on the "Chart Display"...? Not sure if anything is related, just a little weird.

Also, thats a low Inj duty cycle, you must have pretty big injectors???
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quickblue2
Hmm...I'm not sure.

You've definatly got 17 degrees on your high octane table, i really dont know what else to look at though, but I'm wondering if you're going into open loop vs closed loop i believe you should be in and the PCM if making its own adjustments.

I'm curious about a couple things on your scanner, no mph, coolant temp got a little high at the end of your pass and its was a real short WOT pull, and when i go to look at your high octane map in the scanner/histrogram it doesnt see ANY timing, only on the "Chart Display"...? Not sure if anything is related, just a little weird.

Also, thats a low Inj duty cycle, you must have pretty big injectors???
I was commanding 17degrees at those load values however in the timing histogram it shows i was running in lower load cells where i was actually commanding 28 degrees, that was the problem there, so i changed those cells down to 15 now.

As for the scanner there is no mph as i have yet to hook up the vss after the th400swap, the fist tab in the histogram shows the timing, maybe you need to right click and hit load all data? the 60lb injectors are overkill, i got them for a good deal, however i kinda regrett it.

And i read your post about your lean spike issues, im going to try to get the solenoid as close to the block as possible and get a bigger supple line going to it, hopefully that will help.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stonemonk
I was commanding 17degrees at those load values however in the timing histogram it shows i was running in lower load cells where i was actually commanding 28 degrees, that was the problem there, so i changed those cells down to 15 now.

As for the scanner there is no mph as i have yet to hook up the vss after the th400swap, the fist tab in the histogram shows the timing, maybe you need to right click and hit load all data? the 60lb injectors are overkill, i got them for a good deal, however i kinda regrett it.

Ohh!! I think I found the problem. Go back and look at your scanner histogram - high ocatane map/log, and compare that to your commanded timing in your Editor, it looks like the car is averaging out commanded timing between .76 - .80 g/cyl. While you have .80 set to 17*, the car was actually running in the .76 g/cyl cells which is commanded for 28*!!!! Good thing you didnt actually run that much timing, but i dont see any knock

Originally Posted by stonemonk
And i read your post about your lean spike issues, im going to try to get the solenoid as close to the block as possible and get a bigger supple line going to it, hopefully that will help.
You mean from a different thread? Yeah, i think it was a combination of several things, although i dont think i should have had this problem to begin with, everyone else i talk to never had the problems i did. Basically anything you can do to increase fuel flow all the way to the plate, by either shortening lines from the noids to the plate, increase fuel pressure, fuel delivery, it all made a difference...