Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: How did you wire your halos?
To the DRLs
23.08%
To the fogs
38.46%
Seperate switch
38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Halo wiring?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Halo wiring?

Well got my halos in yesterday, I adjusted the bracket all the way forward to get them in and back out and got them pretty close to aligned but I dont know how high my lights need to be or the best way to fine tune it. I plan on pulling them next weekend to wire up the halos. It sounds like the most common place to wire them to is the DRLs and I think that is the route Im gonnna go, but I have a poll up to see what is the best way.

Now I really need a wiring diagram or some advice on how to run these. Here are some pics, of what I have.

Three wires on the DRL-Blue Brown and Green

Two red wires on the halo
Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Launching!

I wired mine to the fogs sine I have hid fogs. Just splice the red positive wires to the purple positive wire going into your fogs and ground on a fender bolt or something. Simple and already on a switch

Works for me because the only time want my halos on is when my fogs are on

I can post pics if u want. Its real simple
Old 09-12-2009, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Yea, I did the same as murdered, Ran em into the fogs so that when the brights are one, the halos are off.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MurderedOut
I wired mine to the fogs sine I have hid fogs. Just splice the red positive wires to the purple positive wire going into your fogs and ground on a fender bolt or something. Simple and already on a switch

Works for me because the only time want my halos on is when my fogs are on

I can post pics if u want. Its real simple
How do I tell which red wire is the positive and which is the ground? or does it matter? this is my first endeavor into electronics and wiring lol
Old 09-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Launching!

I had a red and a black wire on my halos. I guess they are different halos. Mine have the 2 halos and leds with h3 projectors.

Which ones do u have?

Did they come with a wiring diagram or anything? If one wire has black stripe that should be the ground. Wire it up but don't fully install and try it out. That's what. I did

Originally Posted by jrob56
How do I tell which red wire is the positive and which is the ground? or does it matter? this is my first endeavor into electronics and wiring lol
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

I have the older halos with the just the one halo. I didnt recieve any wiring diagram or instructions and both wires are solid red like in the pic above. Maybe someone with exp with these will chime in. If not trial and error it is then lol
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

it doesnt matter which red wire goes where you can hook them forwards and backwards they work both ways. i had halos on mine before i traded for stock but thats how i hooked them up and they worked perfect.

and i would personally hook them to the fog lights or to a seperate switch because if you havent disabled your DRL's then there gonna be on all day long and you cant see them at all during the day so it would be a waste. thats how i wired mine.

and on a side not now that i think about it, you can hardly see them while they are on with the headlights on even if it is at night i would wire them to a seperate switch because that way right at dusk you can ride around with your fogs on and no headlights and flip the halos as well, trust me it looks kick *** and that way they are not on during the day (when you cant see them) and they are not on with the headlights (because you can only see them close up.) hope this helps
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Yeah they are little different since mine have leds .

Did some reading and apparently with those u can wire them up either way. So that's easy!

have fun!

Let me know if u have any other problems or questions.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00MaroVSix
it doesnt matter which red wire goes where you can hook them forwards and backwards they work both ways. i had halos on mine before i traded for stock but thats how i hooked them up and they worked perfect.

and i would personally hook them to the fog lights or to a seperate switch because if you havent disabled your DRL's then there gonna be on all day long and you cant see them at all during the day so it would be a waste. thats how i wired mine.

and on a side not now that i think about it, you can hardly see them while they are on with the headlights on even if it is at night i would wire them to a seperate switch because that way right at dusk you can ride around with your fogs on and no headlights and flip the halos as well, trust me it looks kick *** and that way they are not on during the day (when you cant see them) and they are not on with the headlights (because you can only see them close up.) hope this helps
ya that does sound pretty badass, but running a seperate switch sounds like a more difficult task. I might look into it though. ill check autozone for wires and a switch. you know of a good place to run the wire through into the cabin?

if that doesnt work i might run them off the fogs then. so i dont burn them up and i can always pull the ebrake up a notch to kill the auto headlights and just turn the corners and fogs on at dusk with the halos.

Originally Posted by MurderedOut
Yeah they are little different since mine have leds .

Did some reading and apparently with those u can wire them up either way. So that's easy!

have fun!

Let me know if u have any other problems or questions.
thanks man thats good to know!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Wiring up a separate switch is much harder but not to bad . I just disabled my daytime running lights . So they only turn on when my headlights on

There is a writeup on how to disable them just search it.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

On the passenger side of the engine bay, is where your PCM is at, theres a grommet behind it. Poke a hole in it with a coat hanger with the wire taped to it.

Your gonna wanna take the lower passenger side a pillar and the panel below the glove box out and fold back the carpet to find the hanger.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cbailey
On the passenger side of the engine bay, is where your PCM is at, theres a grommet behind it. Poke a hole in it with a coat hanger with the wire taped to it.

Your gonna wanna take the lower passenger side a pillar and the panel below the glove box out and fold back the carpet to find the hanger.

thats gonna be the easiest way to do it. and ya i disabled my drls also so that way at dusk i could just flip the fogs and ride til it got dark. now im starting to miss my halos for that exact reason......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Halo wiring?