Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

tubular k-member and a-arms for autox

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tubular k-member and a-arms for autox

besides the obvious weight saving would these have any handling benefits, i know it is possible to run more camber and you have less unsprung weight, but i have also heard the arms are not strong enough for autocross, thanks for the opinoins
Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I just wanted to suggest to you that UMI Performance offers a (Road Race) Version of a K Member. It offers extra bracing for durability and performance. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...b43rvn1fe7q394

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad :d
Old 09-14-2009, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, you will have no issues using our a arms for autocrossing. We have several cars that use our a arms with a stock k members or aftermarket k members and we have no a arm issues. Our k member is better suited to street driving or drag racing but some of our customers do auto cross with our k member.
Our a arms are built from 1 5/8" x .120 wall dom steel with CNC milled balljoint cups and laser cut mounting plates. The ball joints come pre installed and the a arm includes the QA1 XR series rod end. Other companies use 1 1/4" tubing for their a arms. Because of the material and the manufacturing process that we use we feel that our arms are some of the strongest on the market. If you have any questions about any of our BMR products please give me a call or shoot me a pm.
Attached Thumbnails tubular k-member and a-arms for autox-aa002small.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: tubular k-member and a-arms for autox