Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls6 Intake and header help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls6 Intake and header help please!!!

Hi guys, Yes I have read the stickys over n over tryin to understand it all lol
But I purchased offroad headers n Y pipe and a LS6 intake I def wanna remove AIR system no questions. But when installing the ls6 intake do I have to do away with egr system too???? I mean I really dont want the egr but im not getting a tune until I get my heads n cam next spring! my state WV doesnt really care much about emissions well maybe the state does but the shops that inspect dont! so any input on the ls6 install would greatly helop and please dont send me a link to the install guide i just want personal experiences from u guys? Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The EGR will have to go. There is no hole in the ls6 intake for it, and the headers will not have egr/air ports either. The ses for those systems won't hurt any thing. If you know some one with hp tuner have turn off the DTC's so you don't have to look at the ses light.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

If your headers have the egr tube on them, SLP makes a LS6 intake with the egr hole in the top. I know I've seen a few for sale on here from time to time. If the headers are a true off road type with no egr tube, then its no egr for you.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just have a local shop delete the codes. they normally only charge like 75 bucks. either that or you can get a tune from pcmforless.com which i hear are top notch. and they will also get rid of the codes.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys yea I thought the egr would have to go. Will having it removed effect the performance after I install headers n ls6 intake? I know the SES light will be on but I can stand to look at it until I get my heads n cam on in the spring, as long as it is not gonna hurt performance?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ws6indubv
thanks guys yea I thought the egr would have to go. Will having it removed effect the performance after I install headers n ls6 intake? I know the SES light will be on but I can stand to look at it until I get my heads n cam on in the spring, as long as it is not gonna hurt performance?
It's not going to hurt any thing. Enjoy the new mods.