Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone tell me why these are on my car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone tell me why these are on my car?

So, last week I was changing my oil (by the way, autozone on 60 in Brandon sells German Castrol), and I was inspecting my exhaust while she was on the rack. I noticed my rear O2 sensors weren't connected to anything. I found the harnesses, and they have sims connected to them. I have stock manifolds, and what looks like a Flowmaster cat-back (no logos stamped anywhere). The only thing I can think of is that one or both O2 sensors went out, and the PO decided it was cheaper to get the sims than replacing the bad sensors. Any thoughts?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that or the car at one time had long tube headers, is the hole plugged on the Y where the o2 went?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

actually, the PO left the O2 sensors in place, and put electrical tape over the connecter ends.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like he had longtubes in the past. or he had a problem with the rear o2 sensors and did it that way since it was cheaper.

or what i believe he might have gutted the cats!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The rear 02 sensors or pointless anyway, I wouldn't worry, you can just have them deleted from your computer and not even need the sims. Before I swapped my heads and cam and got my car tuned I just found someone with ls1 edit and had them remove the skip shift and the 02 and some other minor things that took all of 15 mins.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -98-Z28-Darkness-
sounds like he had longtubes in the past. or he had a problem with the rear o2 sensors and did it that way since it was cheaper.

or what i believe he might have gutted the cats!
I like your idea the most! The way I see it, he saved me a few dollars next year when I get a set of headers. Thanks all for your thoughts!