Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

from ls1 to lt1 brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default from ls1 to lt1 brakes

ok so i bought a moser 9 inch with lt1 backing plates. i'm trying to weigh my options as i do not want to devalue my 01 trans am rear.

will ls1 calipers/pads/rotors work with an lt1 backing plate?

if i must use lt1 calipers, will the pads from my ls1 calipers fit in the lt1 calipers?

and finally are the rotors interchangable for either set up(with ls1 or lt1 calipers on lt1 backing plates)

thanks in advance fellas
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rggbly
ok so i bought a moser 9 inch with lt1 backing plates. i'm trying to weigh my options as i do not want to devalue my 01 trans am rear.

will ls1 calipers/pads/rotors work with an lt1 backing plate?
No. The rotors are a different size, the calipers are different, and the LS1 has the parking brake assembly mounted to the backing plate.

if i must use lt1 calipers, will the pads from my ls1 calipers fit in the lt1 calipers?
Nope. They are different.

and finally are the rotors interchangable for either set up(with ls1 or lt1 calipers on lt1 backing plates)
No. Rotors are completely different. LS1 has 12" rotors, LT1 uses 11" rotors. The LS1 also has the parking brake shoes inside the rotor as previously mentioned, while the LT1 uses a parking brake mechanism integrated into the caliper.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Launching!

ok next question. if i bought lt1 style calipers and rotors, will all my ls1 lines and such work? also does will the handbrake work if i bought the lt1 calipers and rotors?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

I swapped over my lt1 style to ls1 style rear, they are 100% differnt and non combine-able but u can get the 2 parking brake lines the backing plate and u already have the rotors and calipers and ur good to do a direct swap. It cost me 50 bucks for the complete ls1 rear brakes and lines might as well buy some SS lines while ur in there
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Launching!

aliright i decided i need to go ahead and put ls1 brakes on this basterd. so i just took my axles out of my 9". gonna get the bearings pressed off and some new ones for it along with have the reluctor rings pressed on. i need ls1 backing plates and is there anything esle? i'm going to take the calipers and rotors off my trans am and put them on the nine inch. anything im missing to have full ls1 brakes on the rear??

Quick Reply: from ls1 to lt1 brakes