Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

GSD3 F1 vs Nitto NT05

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GSD3 F1 vs Nitto NT05

It's time for me to get a new set of rear tires. I have been running the GSD3
F1's for a while now and have no complaints about them except price. I was searching and heard about the NT05. Can anyone provide me with some insight as to how they stack up in both dry and wet compared to the F1's

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

well the nt05's are as close to a r compound street tire as you can get with out geting a r compound tire. the goodyears are in the max preformance catagory and the nittos are in the exstream class.
im shure the nittos will out grip the g/y's in the dry but the g/y's will beat them in the wet.
the nittos have a shallow thread depth.
from your sig it looks like your car is set up for the straight line so why not go with a drag radial?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

The GSD3s are a great overall tire and they will handle great in rain which I really like. Another plus side is the design, I never had so many people complement on it.

Downside, price. I just got all 4, out the door with everything, $1400.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by shaun
well the nt05's are as close to a r compound street tire as you can get with out geting a r compound tire. the goodyears are in the max preformance catagory and the nittos are in the exstream class.
im shure the nittos will out grip the g/y's in the dry but the g/y's will beat them in the wet.
the nittos have a shallow thread depth.
from your sig it looks like your car is set up for the straight line so why not go with a drag radial?
I have considered going with a drag radial but it's my daily ride and it rains a lot around here. I had a very bad experience driving on a set in the rain a few years ago. Thanks for the input!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Teching In

ive never had the gsd3 f1's but i am a new owner of the nitto nt05's. i had toyo t1r proxes in the rear before and i would chirp 2nd and third with them. these new nittos i have dont even let me chirp 2nd. having them on all four corners makes my car grip so good turn in response is so much better now, no sliding or screeching yet ill know more on the next cruise
Old 09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Read my review in this section. I went from the GSD3 to NT05 and they are better in every aspect, except wear. Now as they wear, I am sure the rain performance will go down but they were awesome this weekend in the rain. BTW, I am in the minority here but I was never happy with the F1s.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

agree arctic