Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

specs new super single clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default specs new super single clutch kit?

just curious as to what you all think about this new clutch disk spec offers with there stage 1-5 kits? this is what ive read on the new spec clutchs "The Super Single line is now the standard offering and features torque capacity increases of 150 ft lbs per stage over the previous generation SPEC units, with a pedal effort reduction of over 25%!"

what you all think about this as im lookin for a new clutch for my cam only nitrous 99 z28 and that stage 2 or even stage 1 spec is lookin real good now...
Old 09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

not sure but i'm in the market for a new clutch soon. i am talking to the spec guys, as i like what i currently have.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Teching In

I have SPEC's new Super Single (stage 3) in a head/cam TA.........its awesome. Shifts great while just cruising and at WOT. Launching is good too........I've got a bunch of 5000 RPM launches on it (M/T DR @ 17psi).......haven't been able to break the 10 bolt rear yet.......wish it would break already so the Moser could go in.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
FormerVendor

C5, I wanted to provide a bit of info as it seems that you are interpreting this as being a disc only upgrade. Our Super-Single Clutch Kits for the LS applications are complete kits and comprise a new pressure-plate design and 12" disc. These assemblies require less effort for actuation and provide greater capacity than our previous 11" offerings. I have seen great responses from folks using these kits and think that you would be quite happy with the feel and performance. If you have any further questions about this you are welcome contact me directly and I will be happy to help. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Launching!

im really strapped for money so the spec stage 1 with the 599ft lbs rating is looking really good to me. i just want something that is gonna hold up to my trex cam only nitroused ls1 camaro. it is a street car not a drag car by the way.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

C5, thanks for calling, it was nice to talk with you and I am glad I could be of assistance. Just let me know what you decide and I will be happy to help you. Thanks and have a good afternoon!

Quick Reply: specs new super single clutch kit?