Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous cam for a 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous cam for a 5.3

What would be a good nitrous cam for a silverado single cab 5.3. I currently have it full bolt on, cam and stall. I was thinking of changing the N/A cam to nitrous cam. I was also thinking of milling my orginal 862 heads. Any input would be appreciated since i am new to nitrous...by the way i am planning on spraying a 150 shot...
Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a tough one to answer, I would look into a custom cam thats setup just for your setup. talk to pred Z or patrick G along with other sponsors on the site.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 AM
TECH Resident

While I think I know a lot about cams, I still fall back on the sponsors to help me with cam selection. It's in their best interest that they give you the best cam for your application, or if you don't get the proper performance from their recommendation it's a bad reflection on their cam design. I'm having a cam cut right now, I'll know the specs once I see the cam card when the cam arrives. I personally disagreed with the companies choice of LSA, but they promised it would perform, and we will find out on the dyno in about 10 days.

Quick Reply: Nitrous cam for a 5.3