Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs that wont lower me to much?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs that wont lower me to much?

Sup guys, I want to get some nice springs that wont lower me to much. I dont want to hit my headers or scrape my bumper. Any ideas on what to get?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I would get in touch with Sam Strano. He offers a great quality spring and he will be able to give you the info that you need.
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
Sup guys, I want to get some nice springs that wont lower me to much. I dont want to hit my headers or scrape my bumper. Any ideas on what to get?
We need more info here. What type of headers? What do you plan to do with the car? Why do you want to lower it? Do you care about ride quality/handling?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm very happy with my BMR springs. 1.25 drop.

There is also the option of the lower perch (koni's) and removing the rear isolator. search my friend
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BMR or some coilovers so you can set it where you want
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

The car is just sort of a semi daily driver street car. Im not looking to autox it or anything. But Id like to have the more aggressive stance of a lowered car. I have pacesetter long tube headers.

Has anyone heard of Vogtland? A good friend of mine recommended them to me, there german so you know they spent millions researching that stuff lol.

As far as ride quality goes I dont really give a crap as long as it doesnt feel like im in a humvee again in the mountains of afghanistan lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call up Sam Strano and talk to him.His springs are your best bet.He will figure out what
route to go based on your budget.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
I'm very happy with my BMR springs. 1.25 drop.

There is also the option of the lower perch (koni's) and removing the rear isolator. search my friend
just looked at your cardomain page, man your car sits nice! my BMR springs didnt lower my car that much, did u do the perch and hose mod? what tire/rim combo do you have? i like it!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Vogtland makes Strano's springs for him to his specs.....

I would get stranos if you want ~1.25" Drop

If you are looking for slightly less than that (~.75") do Koni Shocks on the Lower perch and the hose mod.

I would highly recommend Koni Shocks either way....

search!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get some Koni SA shocks and use the stock springs with the lower spring perch in the front (good for about a 58" - 3/4" drop) and the heater hose mod in the rear (again, good for about 5/8" - 3/4" drop). that will give you enough drop to suck up some of that open space in the wheel wells, without eating up too much of your ground clearance, and it won't add any ride stiffness/harshness like some springs will do.

if you want more of a drop (around 1.2" on all 4 corners), and can handle a slight amount of extra ride stiffness (but not really "harsh"), get a set of Sam Strano's springs to go along with the Koni shocks. this is the setup i have on my car, and i love it....the only reason i would do anything different would be to put the stock springs back in to regain some of my lost ground clearance (which i may be doing soon....goddamn TX and their road construction has me scraping EVERYWHERE around my house.... ).

Quick Reply: Springs that wont lower me to much?