Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can someone with aftermarket suspension help me out

Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can someone with aftermarket suspension help me out

I had shoulder surgery last week and can't go out and measure stuff. I want to start buying stuff to make my own panhard bar and rear lca's but was wondering if someone can do me a huge favor with aftermarket ones and measure them for me. I need to know the length from weld to weld, not including the bungs, just the actual tube length. I'd really appreciate it guys.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, it's almost more cost effective to purchase one from your vendor of choice vs. making your own. I know this because I made my first one (before anyone else even offered one) and then when it was time to replace the rod ends, it turned out to be more cost effective to buy a whole new PHR.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well my dad works in a machine shop and a prof welder so all the work is free i can build a panhard bar for around $70 using chromoly, and the LCA's for $70 for the pair in chromoly also. So the way I figure i'd save alot of money, I just need the tube measurements.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The big expense is not the metal, it's the rod ends. When I built my first bar i spent close to $70.00 just on the rod ends. (I got the material for free and I did the work myself)
Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know all that. I work on aircraft and get all the rod ends I want. I didnt ask for opinions on should I do this I need measurements. No offense but if your not gonna help me and get me some measurements and agrue with me then stop posting. I know what the cost is to building one as opposed to making them.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, I was just trying to help you out with some friendly advice. It's your kind of responses that keeps experienced people like myself away from this forum. I'll be sure not to post anymore in this thread, including the length of my PHR, which I was gonna do when I get home, and I'll be surprised if anyone else posts the length of their aftermarket PHR's.

Good luck!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand what your saying but I stated before i understood the costs. But like I said thats not what I was asking. But thats fine i'll find somebody else who is willing to help. thanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavetim
I know all that. I work on aircraft and get all the rod ends I want. I didnt ask for opinions on should I do this I need measurements. No offense but if your not gonna help me and get me some measurements and agrue with me then stop posting. I know what the cost is to building one as opposed to making them.
With this kind of response, how do you expect anyone to help you out. I was going to measure it but not after this reply.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody can see this from my point of view here? It's like if you posted a thread saying my spohn k-member broke does anybody else have issues with them. And somebody posts back saying i have a umi one and never had a problem. I mean it's good to know but doesn't really help out the question ya know. I know the dude was trying to help but I understand the costs and whats involved. It's no big deal i'm just trying to get some info cause i'm online trying to get my parts together while i''m off from work.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my umi adjustables are 15" weld-weld

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks alot buddy, I appreciate it. I sure hope you didn't take it out for me but if you did then double thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no prob, they have never been installed in the car
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
It's your kind of responses that keeps experienced people like myself away from this forum.
Exactly.

I wonder if that shoulder surgery keeps the guy from using the search tool? Or do you think maybe he thinks he's the only person to ever consider doing this?

Do you think he's considered the spacers? or the bushing for the fastner?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I have considered the spacers and i'm using offset spacers. And i'm using a rod end with a 9/16 bolt and drilling out my brackets so no need for a bushing. So yes I have, and i've spent hours on the search and haven't seen anything about the lengths. So if you show me a thread that shows the length then I will apologize and bow to you. And i've seen other guys wanting to do this too so i'm not the only one but how many guys on here do you think work on aircraft for a living and can get free titanium tubes, and rod ends for free? I'm gonna be using 1.5 inch OD titanium tubes with bearings like spohns del-spheres but these are chromoly and use nylon races.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pavetim
So if you show me a thread that shows the length then I will apologize and bow to you.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...n-phb-lca.html
Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok thanks I apologize there was a thread about building them. but I actually got out and measure my stock ones, shoulder is feeling better. Just have to do some simple math and figure out rod lenght. I'm using different ends than the standard rod ends. Well thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can someone with aftermarket suspension help me out