Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Good gear for daily driven FI combo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good gear for daily driven FI combo?

Thats right need advice whether to keep gears in stock 01 WS6 whatever they are. Or go to different gears. Keep in mind I do plan on building a rear end soon, keeping the t56, rest is in sig.. Boosting about 15 max.

What are great street gears for FI?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say 3.73 or 3.90. I'd really wake the car up, and with boost I will pull like a freight train. 4.11 are too extreame IMO especially when running boost. I'll leave this answer to the experts though.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vipvegas
Thats right need advice whether to keep gears in stock 01 WS6 whatever they are. Or go to different gears. Keep in mind I do plan on building a rear end soon, keeping the t56, rest is in sig.. Boosting about 15 max.

What are great street gears for FI?
Originally Posted by sslateron
I'd say 3.73 or 3.90. I'd really wake the car up, and with boost I will pull like a freight train. 4.11 are too extreme IMO especially when running boost. I'll leave this answer to the experts though.
I have 3.73s in my LT1 (with 10 lbs of boost), and I was told my some turbo builders (TRT for one) that they were just a touch too short and that the 3.43 (i.e. - stock for my M6) gear was probably the best for a boosted car.

I've never driven my car (post-boost) with a different set, though when it was N/A and had 4.10s - they were great!

Having said that, I know of other STS guys here on the board (with wrapped exhaust pipes and stock gears) who say they get FULL boost at 2,200 RPMs. Mine does not spool that fast. (Guess it's time to start wrapping!)