Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Pacesetter Lt installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! Pacesetter Lt installation

Hi, everything was going great until i took the steering shaft off to get the driver side header in. When it was time to hook the shaft back up it is extremely HARD to get it even close to back in. Even with the motor somewhat jacked up. When you set the motor down the header is pinned against the shaft alowing minimal movement. I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem and what could i do to fix this? Right now there is noway to take the car anywhere. Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Teching In

I ran into the same kind of problem on my LT-1. But I figured out it was because I had pushed the upper portion of the steering shaft to far up on the steering wheel shaft. Try pushing it down a little bit and that might give you a little bit of slack on the links and get it away from the header. That might work, at least it did for me. Now my only problem is getting the bolt that clamps the two sides onto the steering wheel shaft all the way through =/
Old 09-26-2009, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure if I did it to my Stock LS1 or to my LQ9 but I had to sawzall off a piece of metal in order for my headers to go on... After than was on they just slipped right on up. Good luck man
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

honestly you shouldn't have to remove that to put pacesetters on, iv'e put about 4 sets on now and all I had to do was remove the casting tab on the block..

Sorry I couldn't help... worse comes to worse take the headers off and put the steering stuff back together then try sliding the headers in again.. They SHOULD fit... goodluck