Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pa racing k member

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pa racing k member

does anyone have much experience with this? why is it cheaper than the rest? is the build quality and reliability there like any of the other companies?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only experience I have had with a PA K is not very good. The ears that the steering rack mounted to kept flexing and shearing off.

This was on a competitor's car, not mine.

He scrapped it and bought a UMI unit and has had no problem in the last 2 years.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump...

would like to know more as well
Old 09-20-2009, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

I have the PA set up on my 95 and my 98 with no problems.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is what the search turned up:

The Good:
"Already bought mine from PA racing guys, They use a one piece front bar bent. $275 and with out all of the little pieces welded together to do what PA racing did with one piece and a bending machine. Nice **** here guys at half the price! My buddys running one in each of his F bodys!Ones a INCON TT 98 Camaro the others a 00T/A with a 427, So there taking there share of abuse and still standing tall THEY ARE LOL!!!"

"I had a PA Racing K-member and A-arm set. Great quality parts!"

The Bad:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-issues.html

"Hey mighty,
I have a PA k-member with non adjustable upper arms and the heim lowers.It has been on my car for a year.I have had no complaints at all with it holding up.But as far as fittment goes it was a pain in the a$$.Oh yea and there powder coating....Sucks ..real bad.To the piont that i think i would have been better off using krylon as it would have held up better.I run 19/8.5&19/10 with 245-35-19/295-35-19 wheels and tires.It also has the qa-1 coilovers so thuis thing is as harsh as it possibly can be,still have no problems with it not holding up on the street,this car has yet to be on the track.So i will say you have nothing to worry about.Also I was very unhappy with a few things as i have stated and i still would recomend them for there strenght.I will be taking the car to the road course and the drag strip as soon as i finish the ls-2 swap."
Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Launching!

i got my k-member with the paint chipped off in one spot. i also got their a-arms cant say how they perform the cars not running yet.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

finally someone has the same problems.. I had purchased one of the k members and a arms for my 98.. Reason it is cheaper is becauese it fits for **** and simply it is cheaply made. They told me stock suspension would work... got the struts in and the car is doing a wheelie. nothing fits right. I ended up stripping it completly down triming it so the headers would not hit on the lower mounting brackets. Had to buy coil overs so hopefully that will take care of the ride height problem. Call for some help and the guy was yelling up and down that his product was fine. after five days of calling i finally got a call back and they state they have sold thousands with no problem. RIGHT... Poor Service and quality is my opinion. I have been dealing with this for about six months now and has been nothing but a disaster. I havent driven the care long enough to see if the rack ears will break off but we will see. Spend the money and get a BMR.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

one more thing the ball joint grease cover just lays there and doesent snap to the ball joint so grease gets everywhere....
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

my stock a-arms didnt fit ether. i hope i dont have a another prob with them . or else lol
Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You kidding me.. the stock arms don't fit? What the hell??
Old 09-22-2009, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I know the UMI K-member is priced a little more then some of our competitors.

UMI K-member is built with great pride and quality, you will not find any fitment issues or quality issues with our product, no broken K-members and no one complaining regarding poor service.

All UMI Performance k-members go through a inspection before powder coated and shipped. This inspection checks all hole to hole locations and other dimensions that could have been altered during the extensive welding process. This assures us and the customer that the product leaving here is going to be an exact fit. When building a fabrication that large and applying that much welding heat the product and dimensions are going to move and shift. We have to account for this during production and we have to inspect it after welding again to make sure you are receiving a good fitment item. Upon inspection each K-member gets a serial # stamped into the inside of the passenger side rear A-Arm mount. Once a k-member is inspected it is issued a inspection sheet to keep on file. If a customer would ever have an issue we can locate your K-member by the serial # and confirm our inspection sheet to see where the tolerances are.

Also our K-member will work with the factory lower A-Arms and all aftermarket lower A-Arms designed to work with the factory K-member.

I hope the information I have provided help, thank you

Ryan