Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible guys - where did you mount your bottle? (Pics Please!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Convertible guys - where did you mount your bottle? (Pics Please!)

I DO NOT want to mount it in the spare tire area...I want to keep the tire there.

I'm guessing my options are either behind the drivers seat on the ground, or on the truck floor?

I want to see your set-ups! Post pics if you have any!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Sorry don't have any pic's but I mounted my 15lbs bottle on the trunk floor side ways.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

Your kinda screwed if you wont ditch the spare. I looked at mine good and hard then decided to go in the spare tire well. I didnt want to knock out carring passagners in the rear and deffinatly didnt want to loose what little trunk space that I have, especially when haouling slicks to the track.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys.

I love the convertible, but wish I had T-tops/hardtop when it comes to finding a place to mount it. I want to keep both my backseat, truck space, and spare....only so many places though.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

put the bottle on the tunnel with one of those billet mounts and when not in use or when your carrying people just take it out. Yeah the lines will still be there but it wont affect you space at all. when you use the billet mount all thats left when you remove the bottle is the little mounting point.

Or leave bottle in the car with the passengers and tell them its just a custom armrest.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Mine's in the "trunk" :

Rob (Bad30th)
P.S. It's only a NOS bottle blanket, the whole kit is NX...

Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the pic bad30th!

From that angle, it makes me believe I could put a piece of carpeted wood over the top and still have some flate storage room. I might do this. I like the sub location!

How did you run your wiring and feel line to the engine bay?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

I ran everything inside the car, under the carpet/trim on the driver side for power/wiring and under the carpet/trim on the pass side for the nitrous line. I also went ahead and ran a few extra wires in case I needed some later on so I wouldn't have to take everything back apart...

The quick connect wiring for the remote bottle opener and (relayed) bottle heater are dropped down into the trunk area from behind the stereo board.

Rob (Bad30th)

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert

How did you run your wiring and feel line to the engine bay?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i used to have it on the middle hump, then on my ss, i moved it to the floor behind the driver's seat... now i've got it back on the hump.

before

now.. old picture, but same bracket and mounting setup except that i have the bracket anchored to the seatbelt bolts. also have a nano kit strapped in that sits between the seat cushion and the bottle bracket. when the jacket covers it, it flows with the center console and anyone not familiar with fbodies might not notice the hump. i had a friend sit back there on the passenger side back seat (he's about 5,7- 5,9 i think) and he wasn't any more uncomfortable except that he was wondering what he was resting his arm on.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i used to have it on the middle hump, then on my ss, i moved it to the floor behind the driver's seat... now i've got it back on the hump.

before

now.. old picture, but same bracket and mounting setup except that i have the bracket anchored to the seatbelt bolts. also have a nano kit strapped in that sits between the seat cushion and the bottle bracket. when the jacket covers it, it flows with the center console and anyone not familiar with fbodies might not notice the hump. i had a friend sit back there on the passenger side back seat (he's about 5,7- 5,9 i think) and he wasn't any more uncomfortable except that he was wondering what he was resting his arm on.

Nice!

I was planning on old duffle bag myself.

Thanks for the pics. I'm leaning toward the inside now myself.

I can't tell in your picture - do you have a blowdown tube?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
Nice!

I was planning on old duffle bag myself.

Thanks for the pics. I'm leaning toward the inside now myself.

I can't tell in your picture - do you have a blowdown tube?
you could easily run a line out of a grommet under the carpet.
i decided to take my chances with this one. if my bottle ever does hit 3000 psi, i'm not too sure that jacket is going to do much good - maybe it'll buy me some time and ice up before i do.