Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When you switched from m6 to auto how did it effect your mph and times?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default When you switched from m6 to auto how did it effect your mph and times?

I am about to make the switch from m6 to an auto(most likely TH350). But before I do I was hoping to see how your MPH and times changed in either the 1/8th or 1/4 mile when you switched.

If you did change something else other than the stalled auto could you let me know. I'd definantly like to see the ones that did nothing other than change to a stalled auto.

Also could you say what type of auto, what stall, and if you know your rwhp with the m6 and with the stalled auto? Thanks everyone.

Last edited by djm_e22; 09-20-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

___I broke all the teeth off of 2nd gear in my '96 Z28 M6 and opted to go TH350 w/Vigilante 2800. My best 60' with the T56 and ANY kind of tire (Nitto DR, BFG DR, M/T ET streets) was 1.9. After switching, and mind you, this was full street weight 3,650, same M/T ET Streets and just stomping the gas from idle on the last yellow light, I got 1.6's like clockwork. Next, best ET with the stick was 12.50. With no other changes anywhere else in the setup, the TH350 went 12.2's

___Your quarter mile MPH will not be as good with all other things the same. The TH350's slip a bit so they're not as efficient as the M6 of course. The nice thing is, If you were to race your M6 car against your same A3 car, the A3 would be at the finish line first. An example is, my M6 car running at SAR in Austin ran a 12.50 at 116mph. Going back with the TH350, it went 12.2 at 111 mph.

___On the mileage, I could get about 200 miles per Tank, mostly freeway (I drove from Austin, TX to Houston, TX on weekends to race and see my good friends in the Houston Fbody club). This was with the stock 3.42 10 bolt rear.

___If you click the link in my sig, you'll see my car launching at the 2003 MTI Spring Break Shootout 11.00 index. I had just 'manned up' to the Hoosier 28" slicks for that race (got 3rd place money). LOL that same race finally killed the 7 year old abused 10 bolt, shearing 3 teeth off the ring gear(but I still beat that T/A in the picture!).

I'd HIGHLY recommend the swap.

___Here's a link to my swap from that time...
http://www.taekwondoplus.org/z28/m6_to_th350_swap.htm The cooler link's pictures got deleted somehow but everything else is there.

Originally Posted by djm_e22
I am about to make the switch from m6 to an auto(most likely TH350). But before I do I was hoping to see how your MPH and times changed in either the 1/8th or 1/4 mile when you switched.

If you did change something else other than to a stalled auto could you let me know. I'd definantly like to see the ones that did nothing other than change to a stalled auto.

Also could you say what type of auto, what stall, and if you know your rwhp with the m6 and with the stalled auto? Thanks everyone.

Last edited by mightyquickz28; 09-20-2009 at 03:05 PM.