Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Rockers wont line up???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! Rockers wont line up???

I have an 01 LS1 with 317 heads and patriot gold dual springs. I am trying to put the comp cams 1.8 rockers( http://www.racingheadservice.com/Wha...t%20Rocker.pdf ) in it, but the pushrod/rocker geometry isn't working. It seems like the seat in which the rocker shaft sits in is too low causing mis-alignment with the push rod. Anyone have any input?
Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

First thing to check is bolt in the rockers and check the wipe. If the pushrod is an issue, install check springs on #1 and check it by hand with a dial indicator. If the wipe is OK, verify the pushrod length and ensure the pushrods don't rub on the head.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Staging Lane

Here is my attempt to show what the problem is in paintbrush. My heads were assembled by a machine shop with a great reputation. Had the valves done and springs installed. Thinking maybe I got the wrong rocker cradle? I have a pretty good mechanical inclination, so I can figure most things out but this has me stumped. These rockers are for an ls1, I changed to 317 heads from a 6.0 liter but I was under the imperession that everything was interchangable between the two so now Im kinda out of ideas. I have never checked the wipe, I actually have never heard of that so maybe I will look it up and try that next. Everything I bought was suppose to be a drop in replacement.. So much for that!
Attached Thumbnails HELP! Rockers wont line up???-untitled.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the push rod holes in the heads may be drilled higher up for the 6.0 block? Try a set of 6.0 rockers.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There have been reports in the past of the pushrods not lining up well with those rockers. Not sure on these heads to be honest.

The wipe will ensure the shaft height is correct.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input, Im going to put my stock rockers back in and see if they line up correctly, if they do I suppose Im going to find a new set of rockers somewhere to replace these. Might be these heads who knows. Thanks Again for the help!