Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can I have my cake and eat it too?

So im gonna have some 18x9.5 - 18x10.5 c6 z06 rims and honestly im kinda lost on what tires i'll need. I'll be pushing 450ish rwhp and I want somthin that will decently hook, grip exceptionally well in the twisties, and not give me a nightmare when I have to drive in the rain. Obviously streets will give me the rain and cornering grip I want but how well will they hook? Drag radials will hook (better...), not too sure on the grip, and have heard less than flattering stories about them in the rain. As far as the rain driving goes I'd like to stay comfortable at a cautious 60mph.

I dont mind doing a little BFH mods to get a good clearance but if possible i'd like to avoid messing with the outer fender. Nor do I want the sidewall bulging out over the rim either. The car is also probably going to be slightly lowered (1") so a big sidewall is also a deterrent over bumps and what not.

Am I asking for too much?

If not, what kind of tires do you guys suggest?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Nitto Drag Radials will hook better than street tires and still be drivable in the rain. I wouldn't use BFG or M/T drag radials in the rain at all...
Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Michelin PS2's (imo best all around tire)

Nitto NT-01's (great tire, for rain not as good as the PS2)
Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Restricted User

Nitto 555RII

Desgined for road racing.. works well for drag racing

I drove my buddies car to houston a month ago and he had the nitto drag radials and I drove through scattered downpours on I-10 in louisiana without any problems. It really is a remarkable street tire.