Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some advice for drag....

Old 09-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some advice for drag....

I currently have completely stock suspension minus bmr rear control arms and relocated bmr torque arm on 28X9'' slicks. The car has a currie 9'' and th400 and is cam only on spray. What appears to be happening is the car hooks hard then unloads the rear lunges forward and starts to spin..... I have the pinion angle set at -1.5 degrees. Pinion angle and the ability to move the front of the torque arm up or down on my trans mount is the only adjustability I have as of now. The car has run a 1.548 60t but I'm sure it should be well the 1.4's if not low 1.4s.... All suggestions are welcome.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Depending on what relocation cross member you have. And I am not sure what setting you have it at but you could install the arm in the next holes up on the relocation cross member and If you have a adjustable torque arm reset your pinion angle. But if it is a non adjustable you can try and get a little more pinion angle out of the arm by lowering it on the relocation cross member.
Hope that helps
Brad
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sent you PM.....
Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

I have the umi th400 crossmember w/ a bmr adjustable stock length ta set in what umi says are the stock ta location holes. So moving that up on the crossmember should help? Another thing I will note was after some research I decided to take a look at my control arm angle, which is 3.5 degrees angling down towards the front, which from what I understand, I should want it angling up towards the front?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stonemonk
I have the umi th400 crossmember w/ a bmr adjustable stock length ta set in what umi says are the stock ta location holes. So moving that up on the crossmember should help? Another thing I will note was after some research I decided to take a look at my control arm angle, which is 3.5 degrees angling down towards the front, which from what I understand, I should want it angling up towards the front?
Hello
The second set from the bottom is stock and you have 2 other sets above for more instant center. For the vehicle to have the control arm at that angle I am guessing that it is lowered. What I would suggest is going with a set of lower control arm relocation brackets. Doing so will get your control arms in that angle that they need to be. Which will increase your traction and eliminate wheel hop. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...3061jah44cunu1
If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 09-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need some advice for drag....