Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What rear spring are all you QA1 guys running??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rear spring are all you QA1 guys running??

I am leaning towards going the QA1 route with the 300lb fronts and the single adjustables all the way around, just dont really know what a good spring would be for the rear and cant seem to find much with a search. Car is on a pro kit and Koni's right now.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

I have qa1's single adj coilovers with 300lb springs for the front. I am running stock springs and shocks out back. I plan on going with single adj shock out back and just leaving the stock springs there

Matt
Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

anyone using the Qa1's in the rear with a aftermarket 1" lowering spring?? if so, what do ya think?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUDER02SS
I am leaning towards going the QA1 route with the 300lb fronts and the single adjustables all the way around, just dont really know what a good spring would be for the rear and cant seem to find much with a search. Car is on a pro kit and Koni's right now.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
Originally Posted by TNTramair
anyone using the Qa1's in the rear with a aftermarket 1" lowering spring?? if so, what do ya think?
Hello
Before I am able to assist a little better....What are the vehicles used the most for?
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

mine is a cruiser with limited track appearances.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Before I am able to assist a little better....What are the vehicles used the most for?
Thanks
Brad
Mine is mainly just something to take out on nice days and maybe sees 4-5 track days a year. If I had to choose I would say that I am more interested in the car handling and riding well on a day to day basis, but I also want to be able to cut some decent times when I go to the track. My main reason for switching is that I still havent found a spring set up I like...when I bought the car it was on sportlines and KYB's that were totally shot and it was just flat out uncomfortable and handled like a freakin lincoln. when I switched to the ProKit and Konis it was a night and day difference, the car feels like it is on rails when cornering hard now, but I have true duals on the car and the pro kit is still a little to low and doesnt do me favors when it comes down to getting the rear angles right.

Between that and buddy who essentially has the same car as mine and is running QA1's which seem to handle nice and cuts 1.6 60's I am getting ready to try a third suspension set up. I dont want it to look like a full blown race car going down the road, I love the look of the ProKit, but I need something to help me get off the line a little better...2.1+ 60's when I am putting down 460+ hp is a little ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
The bad thing about it is a lowering spring really does not help transfer weight really or allow the vehicle to hook well do to the control arm angle. Don't get me wrong the set up you have right now is really good. You have a few choices at this point. If you are still looking to for a lowered look and dont want racing feel. What I would suggest to help transfer the weight would be a set of front coil overs you will have a 3 inch lowering adjustment (I would recommend getting the thrush bearing and spanner wrench to assist with the adjustments) with a 300lb spring (street and strip use). And just go with factory spring in the rear with a adjustable rear shock to help with the car launching better. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...f30gfridd20b94

And the second choice you could do is just keep what you have and look into a set of lower control arm relocation brackets and they will allow you to adjust the lower rear control arm to be more parallel with the surface and eliminate your wheel hoping and increase your traction performance. Below is another link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...f30gfridd20b94

In the end though it is really on what you want and how you want the car to perform like I mentioned these are a few suggestions. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am buying a set from JL-ws6 which have something that is like a LT1 spring (315lbs) R series fronts and I already have a set of single adj for the rears which will maintain the stock (non-ws.6 spring).

Since my car is street driven, I was wary of the fixed settings but given the car its going befine. Its def more "straight line" then corner carver.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, alot of people use the stock rear spring which work well. If you need it lower you can do thje heater hose mod that will drop it down an extra 3/4".We have a rear lowering spring that has a 160lb rate and drops the rear 1.25". We have dozens of cars that cut mid 1.20 to 1.30 60' times with our rear springs on their cars. The f bodies don't need alot of rear squat to get the car to hook. With our stiffer spring rate this helps stop the car from squatting so much. If your car is a full weight a/c, power steering car the 325lb springs might be a better choice.
The single adjustable shocks will work fine for what you are planning on doing with your car. Something else to consider are the Strange shocks. They are a little less expensive and are just as good if not better than the QA1'S. We sell both brands and both are very good. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questios on which shocks to get or what settings to use give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 09-24-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, alot of people use the stock rear spring which work well. If you need it lower you can do thje heater hose mod that will drop it down an extra 3/4".We have a rear lowering spring that has a 160lb rate and drops the rear 1.25". We have dozens of cars that cut mid 1.20 to 1.30 60' times with our rear springs on their cars. The f bodies don't need alot of rear squat to get the car to hook. With our stiffer spring rate this helps stop the car from squatting so much. If your car is a full weight a/c, power steering car the 325lb springs might be a better choice.
The single adjustable shocks will work fine for what you are planning on doing with your car. Something else to consider are the Strange shocks. They are a little less expensive and are just as good if not better than the QA1'S. We sell both brands and both are very good. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questios on which shocks to get or what settings to use give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
Thanks, that helps a lot. I'lll be in touch!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

I am using Ground Control's adjustable rear ride height kit with 175# springs.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Do you want to sell the kit youve got?

Quick Reply: What rear spring are all you QA1 guys running??