Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

worth it for me to switch to 2.5" Stainless duals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default worth it for me to switch to 2.5" Stainless duals?

right now i am cam only and put down over 500 to the wheels on a shot but im planing on doing a second stage next season.

i have hooker headers and ORY and magnaflow catback on the car now.

a buddy of mine has a custom SS dual exhaust both pipes over the axle on one side. he has hooker headers so it would swap over to my car no problem. the system was custom made by american racing headers. 3" off the headers to the X pipe then necks down to 2.5" and each pipe has 2 Magnaflow 4" round mufflers and its very well made with awesome clearence.

i will be getting a great deal

do you guys think it worth me swap over to this exhaust...would i see enough hp gain or should i wait and get Dual 3" system made up?

thanks in advance

joe
Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that true dual system sounds pretty sweet but if you would change over to that you might notice a little power gain but not alot. its really up to you and what you want your car to sound like. true duals are badass but some have alot of drone.
good luck man
Old 09-23-2009, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ya i heard it on his car and it does drone some....i like how my car sounds now i was just going to put a pair of cutouts in for the track.

i was also considering doing some duals under the axle based off of tsp duals. that way i could drop the rear pipes before going to the track.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BIG BILL 2000 Z
that true dual system sounds pretty sweet but if you would change over to that you might notice a little power gain but not alot. its really up to you and what you want your car to sound like. true duals are badass but some have alot of drone.
good luck man
Chances are the drone is just the muffler, Flowmaster is the worst, I have heard magnaflow is close behind for drone. I had a Flowmaster hung on the stock system on my car and it droned like it's life depended on it. I have since installed a custom true dual with high flow cats and dual Flow-Jo bullits and the drone is 100% gone. The car sounds really good and thank god it doesn't sound like every other Camaro running around with a Flowmaster or a Magnaflow.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

i have a 73 olds cutlass with a true duals system, it has 2 super 40's (flowmaster) on it and sounds great but has a little drone.
jerflash- if you have the money and are getting a good deal on a TD setup then do it and see how you like it, keep your exhaust you have now and then you can always put it back on
Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerflash
ya i heard it on his car and it does drone some....i like how my car sounds now i was just going to put a pair of cutouts in for the track.

i was also considering doing some duals under the axle based off of tsp duals. that way i could drop the rear pipes before going to the track.
I just had my TSP duals extended out the back today. I like it MUCH better. With just the dumps, everything in the car rattled and it was LOUD. Now there is no rattles and it's quieted down a lot.

I went in 3" under the axle and the ground clearance is not bad at all. I went over a huge speed bump to test it and it drug just a little if I hit it straight on.