Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Want a Budget Turbo Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Want a Budget Turbo Setup!

Hey I have a 1998 Trans Am with 130k purely stock miles on it and I would like to use one of the ebay kits to do this with. Does anyone know if this is a good kit or not? Any fabbing or things I need to know about it? *** Crap-bay link removed ***

I am not looking to boost the hell out of the car and blow it up I would like to keep it all stock and run maybe 5-8psi on it and put down around 400-500hp. Whatever I can run safely! The car runs perfect and I don't see why this would put it over the edge but I'm just looking to get into the forced induction world and do have a friend who is very knowledgeable with turbos(DSM's close enough right!? haha) He would help me set this kit all up and get the necessary items you would need with any turbo car (wideband, boost gage, air/fuel wastegate, etc etc)

I am curious what all I would need to get and whats the smallest and cheapest turbo I could put on it to get what I'm looking for. I already tried the search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Do I need to upgrade from the 28lb injectors and a new fuel pump? I know it needs the alternator relocated. Any input on how difficult this will be and I heard something about not needing to tune it if it was under 8psi because the MAF could fix it? Any ideas let me know! Or am I just getting myself into a huge headache I will regret?

Last edited by ls1290; 09-24-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would remove that link, before the thread get's locked

try searching it up, there is allot of info on these turbo kits and what needs to be done to make them work.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elias_799
i would remove that link, before the thread get's locked

try searching it up, there is allot of info on these turbo kits and what needs to be done to make them work.
There has been more threads about the kit than I would care to have. Use the search button.