Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Satin SLP SS grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satin SLP SS grill

Has anybody ever done this? If so please post up pics. If not what are your thoughts on it? I have been thinking about doing this because I am going to do a satin berger and a satin hood scoop fill decal. On a white ss by the way
Old 09-25-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wanna see it, bet it would look good
Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see this as well!
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds good to me, especially on a white Camaro.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

I may end up doing this but in a Flat Black color. I bought a flat black berger panel from a member on here and im thinking it may look a bit odd with my ss grille being in a glossy color. Although im not sure what grit sand paper to sand down the glossy color with....anyone give me an idea on what grit sand papers ill need to do this job correctly??
Old 09-26-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Badguy7
I may end up doing this but in a Flat Black color. I bought a flat black berger panel from a member on here and im thinking it may look a bit odd with my ss grille being in a glossy color. Although im not sure what grit sand paper to sand down the glossy color with....anyone give me an idea on what grit sand papers ill need to do this job correctly??
Well if you are trying to just sand away the gloss and not repaint it then use pretty much some of the finest sanpaper you can find, I am talking around 2000 or higher(or at least end up that high with a three to five stage sanding process). There are also some deglossing products that are made for interior wall paint but may work on this as well. Try TSP, it is made by a cleaning company to clean and de-gloss surfaces. After sanding you may end up with more of a satin finish then just flat depending on the steps you use. Call an automotive paint store and ask them. They would know best.

Quick Reply: Satin SLP SS grill