Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTi Custom Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTi Custom Exhaust

For some strange reason my setup on this car is loud. To that end, so I could pass emissions & not get frequent visits with the boys in blue when I drive it on the street, I decided to replace my Corsa cat back with a MagnFlow. The car is much quieter now, & has a nice tone, but I figured the increased restriction would be an issue at the track.

So as step 2 in my exhaust redesign I wanted to install a cutout so I would have free flowing exhaust at the track. Whilst I was collecting parts to build this new system my buddy Ellis suggested I take it down to Turbo Tech & let George build me a 4" I-pipe & cutout. Since I'd already bought a 3" cutout I was hesitant, but decided the performance gains might be worth it.

Little did I know George is an artist when it comes to stuff like this....I told him I wanted a 4" I-pipe with a resonator, an electric cutout, and a flat section where the Y-pipe runs under the adjustable torque arm so I could drop it down at the track to launch harder.

I haven't dynoed the car or taken it to the track yet to see what improvements this made, but I expect it made a difference.

Anyway, when someone exceeds my expectations I need to tell people.....TTi ROCKS!!! Thanks George!

Behold the artwork.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails TTi Custom Exhaust-tti-exhaust-3.jpg   TTi Custom Exhaust-tti-exhaust.jpg   TTi Custom Exhaust-tti-exhaust-4.jpg   TTi Custom Exhaust-tti-exhaust-5.jpg   TTi Custom Exhaust-tti-exhaust-2.jpg  

Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that is slick!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice setup!

You`ll definitely see some gains, although the Magnaflow does work well.

I picked up 7hp on my HCI setup.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now we need the 12oz can clearance pic. You cant go posting a mega ground clearance y pipe without the diet dr. perky can pic!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that is sick!! Those wheels look.......BIG!!! HAHAHAH AWESOME MAN!!

Quick Reply: TTi Custom Exhaust