Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual wet nozzle jet ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dual wet nozzle jet ?

Ok so right now i'm running a HSW wet kit and have been running a wet 125 shot and just came upon a nitrous plate the requires a wet nozzle per side so i will have to split the shot in half or take it up just a tad so what i'm asking is what size jets do i need to get as close as possible with out going under my current shot..

Also what plugs do you guys use with your 125-175 wet shot and what gap, i'm curently runing NGK TR6.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

If this is going on a LT1 I would not suggest placing a nozzle behind your throttle body.

You run the risk of adversly affecting distribution if you do. A nozzle was intended to be placed in front of the TB to give the mixture room to fully atomize the fuel.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen people run this kit before and haven't heard of this proble and figured if i keep the shot low it shouldn't be to much of a problem..

But any way i talked to my local speed shop guy and got the jets figured out..
Old 10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you are correct. People spraying small shots have got away with it but it is a bad idea and poor design. Look how close your front runners are to the disharge of the nozzles. These nozzles are aimed at the back of the intake and when the discharge sprays out it passes up the front runners over powering the back runners. As an affect you are not equally distributing the nitrous through out the motor. Years ago we did alot of R&D with the LT1 and we tested the poorly designed plate you are talking about as well as the poorly designed plates that had spray bars aimed at the back of the intake. I can tell you the one you have is the worse out of all of them.

There is a reason why our LT1 plates are designe the way they are and why people are safely spraying over 200 on the stock LT1 intake with our plate.

Why risk it? If you are going to use a nozzle or nozzles place about 3 inches before the throttle body and give the mixture time to attomize into the airstream. If you want the plate look by one of our plate conversions. Our plate conversions are cheaper than a motor.

Just my 2 cents.
Dave
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Ok i get what your saying but at the same time i don't see how anything except direct port system will equaly distribute a shot into a engine..Maybe it's just my thinking but i would think a nozzle like you mentioned in front of the throttle body would be eaten up by the front cylinders.. Maybe this plate isn't the greatest design but not every one has 285+ the shipping cost to switch to your plate...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94LTZ
Ok i get what your saying but at the same time i don't see how anything except direct port system will equaly distribute a shot into a engine..Maybe it's just my thinking but i would think a nozzle like you mentioned in front of the throttle body would be eaten up by the front cylinders.. Maybe this plate isn't the greatest design but not every one has 285+ the shipping cost to switch to your plate...
I am glad you put it that way. My point is if 285 pluss shiping is not in your budget neither is building a new motor. I am not trying to sell you anything. I am simply telling you to keep the nozzle in front of the throttle body so that the discharge has time to mix into the airstream. Once the mizture attomizes into the airstream the engine is going to pull it in however it wants to. If you place those nozzles right behind the throttle body the exit pressure of a 1000 psi will skip the vacumme of the two front runners do to how close they are.

If you like the look of having the discharge behind the throttle body you need to use a product that is designed properly for the job.

Does not matter to me what you do. Its your motor. I am just trying to share with you the education that years of experience, R&D and testing has given me. I spent lots and lots of money for knowldge I am telling you for free. Use it or not does not matter to me. I am just trying to be helpful.
Im simply saying keep what you have with the nozzle in front of the throttle body. No money spent and you have a method that will produce better results than buying a poorly designed plate that places the nozzle you already have behind the throttle body.

Dave
Old 10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Well thanks you sir you have given me alot to think about now.....
Old 10-04-2009, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

No problem. I would just rather see you having fun than posting with bad results.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what size shot are you looking to step up too, or keep it at 125? Also, which kit of ours do you have?