Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Ordering fabbed 9" which center and axles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Ordering fabbed 9" which center and axles?

ok ordering rear this week what will hold up better, car is a street strip car

-moser aluminum center with moser axles

or

-strange aluminum center with strange axles
Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they probably going be just as good. you're only going to get brand loyalists
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with Strange as Moser's suck up more hp.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

id go wit strange seein as how people seem to have more troubles wit moser rears
Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

the moser aluminum center is way stronger then the strange one.
the strange alum center is lighter then the moser one but is more suited to circle track cars. the moser one is a throughbolt design and is just as strong as the nodurlar iron piece and would be good for the street also. after doing the research i would not run a strange on the street or at the strip...to much flex.

if your building a race car and 15lbs is really worth 330 bucks to you...go with the moser

the moser center will not suck anymore power and moser stuff is made great but its all about who sets it up

i ordered my fab9 from midwest...i got the nodular strange center...the iron one is more durable and will give less headaches and i can take 15lbs out somewhere else for free lol

just my 2 cents
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

yeah thats what eric said when i spoke with him about my choices both can handle alot of power but when it comes down to it the moser is actually a little stronger i just wanted to see what everyone else's opinions were to get a better idea.

Originally Posted by jerflash
the strange alum center is lighter then the moser one but is more suited to circle track cars. the moser one is a throughbolt design and is just as strong as the nodurlar iron piece and would be good for the street also. after doing the research i would not run a strange on the street or at the strip...to much flex.

if your building a race car and 15lbs is really worth 330 bucks to you...go with the moser

the moser center will not suck anymore power and moser stuff is made great but its all about who sets it up

i ordered my fab9 from midwest...i got the nodular strange center...the iron one is more durable and will give less headaches and i can take 15lbs out somewhere else for free lol

just my 2 cents
Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Banned

eric ordered my stuff for me. and he got me moser aluminum case (rated for more power) and strange axles (made much better than moser)
Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow when I had them build my fab 9 they told me the Strange centers were what they sold and were much better then Moser. Strange how things change from person to person.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not necessarily that one is much better than the other... it all depends on the budget and more so the application. there are certain power levels, what someone does with the car, budget, diff unit, etc that all depicts what works for one and doesn't for the other. Both Strange and Moser make excellent products and I do the best i can to get each individual customer what is right for the purpose, not the brand. one thing for sure, i will not sell something someone doesn't need. this stuff is costly enough to begin with and there's much more for my customers to spend their money on than overkill.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

^^^ lol yeah i cant wait to get mine.

fab 9
wavetec
35 spline
rear spring perch deleted
rear coil-over setup
watts
chromoly torque arm.

Eric i cant wait
Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

what exactly is the advantage of a watts link over a traditional panhard? is the watts more for road racing or drag racing or what?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

its a road racing thing. with a usual panhard bar as the rear travels up and down it will move from side to side slightly. as the rear travels up to go over a bump it get pushed to the drive side of the car. with the watts link the rar remains centered at all times wich makes for more predictable handling
Old 09-30-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerflash

just my 2 cents

yup moser center is way stronger.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CaMaRo67RS355
what exactly is the advantage of a watts link over a traditional panhard? is the watts more for road racing or drag racing or what?
jerflash is right . but i will drag my car. was it needed. No. i went to a rear coil over setup so i wanted eric to delete the lower spring perch. but it would have left the panhard mount. so i just went watts and well there goes that mount. now rear will look clean.

also i have read on here that guys with the fays feel like the car is more planted when the take a turn. well i want the take the on ramps fast.