Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

onebadcad's setup....pics.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default onebadcad's setup....pics.

Just finished changing around the induction setup on onebadcad's procharged 2005 C6 vette. Mod list goes..

Procharger C6 P1sc-1 kit. Single front mount intercooler,.. 3 inch piping.
Kooks 1 7/8 black ceramic coated long tubes, 3" offroad X pipe, 3" b&B bullets.
42lb injectors, and custom diablosport tune by Johan Mangs.

I never liked the bottle neck that was on these kits, where the airfilter for the blower intake, had to be squashed down, sacrificing airflow, and limiting how much the car could efficently inhale. With the miami mile coming up, and wanting to get both of his cars prepped for the event,.. we really wanted to change a few things. Not only that, the car sits soo low, that we needed to do something with the procharger bypass valve,since we kept also cracking off the vacuum nipple from mild impacts.

So, I got a hold of race parts solutions and dudes hooked me up with a 4" aluminum 45 degree angle, and a 4" aluminum 90 degree angle. As well as a 4" inlet 7" long airfilter/cone style.(I m limited in length for the filter). Then got a hold of MIKETURBO-com and got a TiAL bov for the blower. It looked like such a nice piece. The ones(TiAL) on my car look sweet but, this design looks wicked. Like I wish I had it for a desk paper weight. Very nice.

Had to drop the cradle, barely. ALtered the top of the radiator,.. tilted it back,... alot of fandangling but, nothing extreme. It took me a few hours to get all this done( I was cutting the pipe with a cutting wheel not a chop box)... then I polished all the ends smooth. Alot of time but, in the end, the result is beastly, and the car, to me, has never felt soo good.

I saw 8psi, and belt shavings underneath the hood after the test drive. I jerry rigged a boost gauge so we could see. Saw no boost drop on gauge but, again, shavings underneath the hood. I will try and tighten the tensioner tomorrow and see if it helps at all.

All in all, the throttle response is soo crisp now, it feels like I am driving a large cubed motor. Very happy with results, we will get the belt problem fixed, get it to the dyno,... and get it to the mile on the 11th. Here are some pics.

stock PROCHARGER airbride/intake for filter

compare the two

difference....

Dyno results, 1 mile results in the short weeks to come. Peace
Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J,
Thanks for all you do, looks great!!! Your knowledge, professionalism and attention to detail is unsurpassed, YOU ALWAYS DELIVER!!!
Thanks for looking out for me, on both cars, and working on a tight budget this last year. You have made it very easy to keep my passion alive for LSx and FI---THANKS!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Looks great and FAST...

-Nathan
Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onebadcad
J,
Thanks for all you do, looks great!!! Your knowledge, professionalism and attention to detail is unsurpassed, YOU ALWAYS DELIVER!!!
Thanks for looking out for me, on both cars, and working on a tight budget this last year. You have made it very easy to keep my passion alive for LSx and FI---THANKS!!!

Thanks brother man but, you don't have to thank me dawg. You know it's my pleasure to work on these things. I appreciate you letting me work on your babies. Very cool that we have local companies that help us out on parts, which helps alot. As for me,.. i'd do work on these cars for free if that paid my bills. It's all love holmes. Hope you like the new setup.

...ps the car sounds amazing.

Originally Posted by StuartsPNB
Looks great and FAST...

-Nathan
Thanks Nathan. He usually has the car very clean but, it's been in my hands for the last few days soo, she's a little dirty. It feels way faster then before.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Launching!

pipe is toooo large.. will slow velocity..
Old 09-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Looks good J.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Nice job V

Pitt
Old 09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Damn fine looking machine.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pastvertical
pipe is toooo large.. will slow velocity..

ahhh.....(thats a long sigh)....my dear friend. It's a wonder why I even converse with you on a day to day basis at our wonderful, perfect little **** boot camp we call work. Now,... I have to waste more of my day,... wasting it on you, a self proclaimed homosexual automotive mechanic....in a spermicidel white corvette.

I'm just kidding spark plug,...

Food for thought, even though your just busting my trophey sized testicular glands(no sex for a month) ...

....the inlet of the P1SC procharger,...is 4".

The MASS AIR FLOW METER,.... is four inches. Do the math don won douchery. **** works,... and like I said, throttle response is on point, and better then ever. I'd often bust badcad's ***** for the car feeling slow(even though it wasn't)..... now, I can't honestly say that about the car. It is what it is. A nice bolt on car
Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Looks good J.
Thank you Jay. You coming out to the mile? oct 11th www.milemarker-1.com ? you should go.

Originally Posted by pittman
Nice job V

Pitt
Thanks pittdaddy

Originally Posted by Minacious
Damn fine looking machine.

He did good right. Nice taste. I should snap a pic of the interior. Nothing crazy, just a classy refined sportscar look, all the way around. I'll try and attach the go pro camera to the car for the ride to work tomorrow. It's in traffic so it's not like I can do anything but, it does sound amazing. Awesome sig by the way.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Smile

J/K, Looks sick

Who taught you how to weld?

You didn't want to polish it or make cool grind marks on it???
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500

J/K, Looks sick

Who taught you how to weld?

You didn't want to polish it or make cool grind marks on it???

Thanks man.

I'm a self taught welder but, myworkmate Mike Brock took the aluminum pipe and flange home over the weekend it took care of it for me. I think he did a great job at it, couldn't be happier. I marked it out, he had a welder at home and more practice then I have.

Badcad can decide what he'd like to do with it. Me, i'm not a big chrome or polished person but, it's not my car ya know. I like the raw industrial look to it. I did paint it black with an "aluminum paint" but, it didn't stick at all. SO I brake cleaned it off.

If it was mine, after the standing mile thing i'd probably have it powder it coated or jet hot coated/black, silver,.. black anodized ,.. whatever. If it's functional, then i'm all for it.

But it's homedudes call on that.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ... When did you do the wide body kit??
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Met up with Jamie yesterday, he stayed after work due to my schedule---always takes cares of his customers/friend!!! Car is wicked, the Tial valve is loud, sounds like a freight train, best mod money I have ever spend, as airflow and cooling improvements should get me huge HP and mph gains.

Jamie did the WB conversion for me about 1.5 years ago, also hooked me up on the C6Z rims, I did the math and saved like 30% over what most people pay->->-> Thanks again Jamie!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Very nice work....

Idea: Maybe in the future look into a small bead blasting cabinet... it will clean up the look on raw metal and (if it's to be painted) make prep work a simple task.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Met up with Jamie yesterday, he stayed after work due to my schedule---always takes cares of his customers/friend!!! Car is wicked, the Tial valve is loud, sounds like a freight train, best mod money I have ever spend, as airflow and cooling improvements should get me huge HP and mph gains.

Jamie did the WB conversion for me about 1.5 years ago, also hooked me up on the C6Z rims, I did the math and saved like 30% over what most people pay->->-> Thanks again Jamie!!!
30%eh?.... not bad. Glad you liked it pimpin.

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
Very nice work....

Idea: Maybe in the future look into a small bead blasting cabinet... it will clean up the look on raw metal and (if it's to be painted) make prep work a simple task.
Thanks

We'll just drop it off to the our local jet hot coating place. No biggie.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Car feels great Darren. Anytime I am called to duty to check boost output, I am glad to assist.

Time for a nasty camshaft and a D-1.....?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Car feels great Darren. Anytime I am called to duty to check boost output, I am glad to assist.

Time for a nasty camshaft and a D-1.....?
Trying to keep the C6 my DD, as we all know how unreliable the V is. I will be up there soon, hopefully on Saturday.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Trying to keep the C6 my DD, as we all know how unreliable the V is. I will be up there soon, hopefully on Saturday.
BTW...the new BOV sounds SICK.

Cruising around at low RPM is menacing. ALL ProCharger kits should come with that BOV. All the ricers will want to know if 'you got a turbo on that thing mang?'
Old 10-02-2009, 11:12 AM
FormerVendor

Powder coating it black would be sick!

Great job guys!

-Nathan

Quick Reply: onebadcad's setup....pics.