Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

ASCD HOOD RAFFLE WINNER WTF happened??

Old 12-02-2003, 01:18 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ASCD HOOD RAFFLE WINNER WTF happened??

PSJ What's the ******* deal with ASCD??? Everytime somebody questions the outcome the thread disappears.

These guys are protected better than the President of the United States.

The members of this site are entitled to know what is going on with this!!
Old 12-02-2003, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

These threads disappear because of the tone of them. If you have questions regarding the raffle and ASCD, feel free to call them at (865) 982-3091.

The original accusations of ASCD doing a fake raffle were resolved with 3rdGen.org , and that website posted a formal apology for the accusation. Keep in mind that ASCD did not require visitors here to be registered members to enter their free hood drawing. Rex posted his personal email address in the thread, and just said to email him as your entry. LS1TECH averages about 150 registered members and 170 non-registered members online at all times. So, the winner could very well be a non-registered visitor without a "screen name".

Please give ASCD a call if you are curious, and feel free to post their response.

Tony
Old 12-02-2003, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

acsd posted a new thread with the winners name

and it wasnt mine :-(
Old 12-02-2003, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

These threads disappear because of the tone of them. If you have questions regarding the raffle and ASCD, feel free to call them at (865) 982-3091.
And the fact that they are possibly becoming sponsors....

This isnt 3rdgen.org, nothing was resolved here.

acsd posted a new thread with the winners name
Where?
Old 12-02-2003, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by glitch77
And the fact that they are possibly becoming sponsors....

This isnt 3rdgen.org, nothing was resolved here.

Where?

there was a thread and i did a search for it and couldnt find it
but there was one (must have been deleted)
it had the guys name along with his wife and the city and state he lived in

Old 12-02-2003, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys this is ridiculous. SO WHAT!

Do we know who won the McDonald's Monopoly Game? No. I ate there so why don't I know? - but really I DON'T CARE!

Did you loose anything that was YOURS? NO.
Did you give ASCD any money to win? NO.
Where you guaranteed to win? NO.
Do we at LS1Tech have to explain a vendors practices? NO.
Do we know who won lunch at the local eatery where you drop your business card into the fish bowl? NO
Do we know who won some money from the scratch off lottery tickets? NO

Plain and simple, somebody, somewhere, who is not a member of LS1Tech won the hood. Congrats to them. Maybe they see how childish you've been and doesn't want to be part of this community. If I saw the reactions in these posts I certainly would not join the board.

The threads were moved/removed due to being inappropriate and not Appearance related.

If you personally have a beef with ASCD, call them, their number is listed above. This forum is about car appearance mods, not personal problems . . . .

ASCD announced who won. End of story. All I can say if I was a company offering something free I'd certainly think twice about it - this kind fo greif is NOT worth it. VULTURES!

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 12-02-2003 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And for the record here was the original replay from Rex:

Originally Posted by rex orr
Hello All The winner of the Ls1Tech board Is Delbert & Ann Buchanan please contact me at rex@americansportscar.com we will be saving all other names for a future raffle soon. Details we soon be announced sincerely Rex Orr
So feel free to contact Rex, and let the issue fall from being a public issue . . .

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 12-02-2003 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I give up, it made no difference to me at all who won, but I thought, heck, if someone is trying to scam some free advertisment, then that is degrading to the community, and needs to be stood up to. I guess the admins dont care about it, why should I?

And if you dont think that a 'free hood giveaway' isnt a free advertising stunt, your totally ignorant as to how advertising works. Ill bet their sites hits tripled during the wait, which is just what they wanted. Im sure someone at ascd didnt just say, ya know, Id like to give away a hood, we allready have enough money.

If the admin is fine with vendors possibly scamming airtime, so be it. Im sure Tunder Racing, Afterthoughts, and Tbyrne dont mind either.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can assure you that this IS being discussed in the admin section.. but Andy is right that we need to move on.

If you feel that it was a screwed deal and that Rex didnt explain it right then dont give them your business. If you feel it was just a mixed up deal and ASCD didnt try to do anything wrong then give them your business.

So please.. remember what Andy said, no one that was in the raffle is any worse off for not having won..

I think everyone knows about this so its done. If Rex wants to post a thread with and explanation to THIS sites members then that would be great. If I hear of anyting in the admin section that pertinent I will post it up but till then..............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ASCD HOOD RAFFLE WINNER WTF happened??