Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1's and handling

Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QA1's and handling

So I have a car that has the QA1's with coilovers on the front. I am wanting to make the car more of a road race style car, not a drag car.... are these things good for that type of application, or are they mostly for drag racing?

I also want to do the full BMR front suspension stuff, will these things bolt on the BMR stuff?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
So I have a car that has the QA1's with coilovers on the front. I am wanting to make the car more of a road race style car, not a drag car.... are these things good for that type of application, or are they mostly for drag racing?

I also want to do the full BMR front suspension stuff, will these things bolt on the BMR stuff?

Hello, yes all of it will bolt onto our parts. Which front QA1'S do you have? Give me a call and we can discuss your plans for the car.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, yes all of it will bolt onto our parts. Which front QA1'S do you have? Give me a call and we can discuss your plans for the car.
Dennis,
Thanks for the fast reply. That is one of the things I like most about you guys, and the pimpy F-body stuff too. Yall are really tech friendly and willing to answer questions very quickly. Good customer service is hard to find these days.

Anyways, to answer your question.... I have no idea. LOL. I am pulling all that stuff off the car this week, so I'll call you at the end of the week.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No, I've had QA1 DA's front and rear and tried every setting I could and at best the handling was decent.

Sorry, QA1's are the wrong shocks to set your car up for handling.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
No, I've had QA1 DA's front and rear and tried every setting I could and at best the handling was decent.

Sorry, QA1's are the wrong shocks to set your car up for handling.
That is what I figured. I'm basically re-doing this whole car, so I'll get it right one peice at a time. LOL.

I'll get with Dennis and see what he recommends doing. But I am open to all suggestions, so I'd love to hear everyones opinion. I am trying to learn these F-body's, so I am a blank page... write it how you want.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
That is what I figured. I'm basically re-doing this whole car, so I'll get it right one peice at a time. LOL.

I'll get with Dennis and see what he recommends doing. But I am open to all suggestions, so I'd love to hear everyones opinion. I am trying to learn these F-body's, so I am a blank page... write it how you want.
Search here and join http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/ and search there.
There is plenty of info out there, you want to search before dropping lots of dough on a package that may not be that great...
After searching Id highly suggest calling Sam at Stranoparts.com. He personally has a '01 Z28 that he has won multiple SCCA events with using his own suspension that he sells.
Heres an article on him:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...aro/index.html

Search this Thread