Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor pulling write ups?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor pulling write ups?

I tried the search but it keeps saying cannot find server when i click search (has said that for a few days) I plan on pulling the motor out of my 01 z28 and guna pull it out the top but wanted to read about how others did it for some reference.

I had planned on pulling all the front pulleys and acc. off and pulling the radiator out. Also planned on pulling the intake and fuel rails, and coil packs off to help with more clearance but really wasnt sure about the heads. I was thinking off taking the heads off but if i dont have to ill wait till i get the motor out. Im guna leave the tranny in the car.

Any help is greatly appreciated! -Zach
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Pull the intake, and front accy's but the crank pulley and valve covers can stay. You just have to twist it while you pull it out if you leave the pulley on.
I've done 4 out the top and 2 out the bottom. Top is easier.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i had planned on pulling it out the bottom but i heard it was a major pain to align everything back up when going back in. I may go ahead and take the crank pulley off but im not totally sure yet. looking for as much clearance as possible.