Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

October Motorgen Meet/K1 Speed/Canyon Cruise/California Speedway Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default October Motorgen Meet/K1 Speed/Canyon Cruise/California Speedway Thread

Good Evening Everyone,

October is a super busy month and we are doing lots of events. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us! Here are the events:

Sunday, October 4th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) Cart racing at K1 Speed in Anaheim! We will meet in front of the Anaheim facility at 2:00p.m. on Sunday. If you pay at the facility the cost is roughly $26 for a license and a 14 lap race. If you have a Costco membership you can get the same thing for about $16 by going to Costco and purchasing in advance. I also managed to find a coupon for $5 off that you can print out and use. Here is the coupon:

If you have a helmet you should bring it as I believe they are required. After we all race, I thought we could go to dinner if everyone is up to it. One option would be to go through Santiago Canyon to Fuddruckers in Lake Forest. If anyone else has other suggestions though, I'm happy to hear them. Winner gets bragging rights

Saturday, October 10th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) - Monthly Motorgen Meet at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. The meet starts at 6:30p.m. A great mix of domestic, import, and euro. Everyone is welcome - the food is good and it's a great group of people! We have filled the lot the last two months in a row - over 50 cars both times! Here are links to the photos from August and September. We may do a cruise that day as well - details to follow

The address for Nick's is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

Sunday, October 18th(Calendar Link/Thread Link) - Lunch at The Hat in Brea and Carbon Canyon Cruise to the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino. The address for The Hat is:

1210 E Imperial Hwy
Brea, CA 92821-5715

We will be leaving the restaurant at 12:30p.m. and will head through Carbon Canyon to the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA. Here is the route!

The museum houses a variety of WWII and other aircraft. Here is the museum info. Admission is $11 for adults, $5 for children between 5 and 11, and free for children under 5.

For anyone that wants to meet us at the museum and skip lunch, we should be there right around 1:00p.m.

Saturday, October 31st(Calendar Link) - Tailgating and taping runs at the street legal drags at California Speedway. If you want to be taped running please add your name onto the list in the calendar link.

I'll be bumping this thread as events come up so nobody misses any. If anyone has any questions please give me a call @ (714)322-2324 or shoot me an email (SeanPlunk@gmail.com) and I'll get back to you. See everyone soon!

Sean
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

I work at K1 Irvine, Ive got alot of passes for buy one get one frees. And if you dont have a helmet they are supplied
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
I work at K1 Irvine, Ive got alot of passes for buy one get one frees. And if you dont have a helmet they are supplied
I saw that on the site, but I thought it wasn't good on the weekend
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Naw just cant be used if you have a party (Mini GP, GP, Le Mans). But if its standard races its not an issue.

An even better deal is to go in Mon-Thurs and get a "buy 2 get one free" and just use a $5 off for it. 3 races for $35 (if you have a licence already) then just come back sunday and use your credits. Otherwise its 3 for $50 on weekends
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Naw just cant be used if you have a party (Mini GP, GP, Le Mans). But if its standard races its not an issue.

An even better deal is to go in Mon-Thurs and get a "buy 2 get one free" and just use a $5 off for it. 3 races for $35 (if you have a licence already) then just come back sunday and use your credits. Otherwise its 3 for $50 on weekends
Do you know if you can use the tickets from Costco with the coupon? Also, is the attached file the coupon you're talking about?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
k1-mail-24.pdf (61.8 KB, 129 views)
Old 10-01-2009, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

No, from what i know you cant combine. But no 100% i wasn't even aware we had a deal with costco.

And the coupon is pretty much he same thing i got. just dont gotta print'em out. But those will work.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Teching In

No, from what i know you cant combine. But no 100% i wasn't even aware we had a deal with costco.

And the coupon is pretty much he same thing i got. just dont gotta print'em out. But those will work.
Sounds good, thanks for all the help. Are you going to be able to join us at all?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Idk, wouldnt be fair if i beat you all. The cruz will be perfect for droping me off a mile from my house though.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Idk, wouldnt be fair if i beat you all. The cruz will be perfect for droping me off a mile from my house though.
LOL, do you have any tips for me because I've been talking a lot of smack on my buddy

I only weigh 155lbs though and he weighs 250, so I think I have an advantage
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Teching In

My wife called Costco today and they were out of tickets. It looks like our best bet will be to use the buy 1 get 1 coupon I posted yesterday. It should be basically 2, 14 lap races, for about $26. Keep your eyes here for details, but otherwise we'll be there at 2p.m. on Sunday
Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by A4Blk98SS
LOL, do you have any tips for me because I've been talking a lot of smack on my buddy

I only weigh 155lbs though and he weighs 250, so I think I have an advantage
"Slow in, Fast out" if tires are screeching your loosing time
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Bump - Kart racing is TOMORROW! I'm thinking of going with this route to Fuddruckers through Santiago Canyon afterwards

See everyone there!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

K1 racing was awesome. We had 11 of us racing and also 6 spectators. Here are some pictures. Video will be up soon as well. We went through Santiago Canyon after and then went to Fuddruckers for some grub. It was an great time - I'm definitely setting up another K1 run soon for anyone that missed it. For anyone wondering, my motorgen avatar is the result of losing a bet to a fellow member at K1 yesterday - it's not my choice

The monthly Motorgen Meet is this upcoming Saturday, October 10th! Here is a link to the discussion thread. It's a mix of every kind of car you can think of. We've filled the lot the last couple months, so it's over 50 cars.

Also, because their wasn't enough going on we're planning a trip to the Orange County Auto Show on Friday, October 15th at 6:30p.m. for anyone that wants to go. If you buy tickets online, you get a subscription to Motor Trend for free. Here is the discussion thread, and here is the link with details.

Anyone that wants to come is welcome!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Sorry everyone, I was obviously tired last night. We're going to the Auto Show on Friday, October 16th at 6:30p.m. Here and here are the info threads.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

For anyone that didn't notice (I wasn't real clear), the 2nd link I posted last night (here) is for a free ticket to the show courtesy of one of our members.

Bump for the meet as well - it's this Saturday, October 10th
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Bump. Great people, great meet - come on down!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Bump -

Tonight - Meet at Nick's tonight!
Friday, October 16th - Orange County Auto Show @ 6:30
Sunday, October 18th - Lunch @ the Hat and cruise through canyon to a plane museum.
Saturday, October 31st - Taping runs and tailgating at California Speedway.

Next month I'm trying to set up a group tint day for anyone interested. I posted it up on our board and already have about 10 cars interested. If I can get a good group together I think I can get us a good deal. If anyone has any recommendations on tint shops though - let me know!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Video from K1 Kart Racing is here!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Teching In

For anyone that wants to go to the Auto Show this Friday, the 16th with us, remember to print up your free ticket here. Bring some cash for parking if you plan on parking in the structure or in front (I think it's something like $8, but I can't remember for sure). We are planning to meet in the front entrance are (where you but tickets) at 6:30p.m. Give me a call at 714-322-2324 if you can't find us or want to meet up at the show later.

Also, this Sunday, October18th we are doing lunch at The Hat in Brea and then cruising through Carbon Canyon to the Planes on Fame Museum in Chino. If you like WWII planes, etc, it's a pretty awesome museum. Definitely come hang out if you can make it, both events will be fun!

Thanks.

Sean
Old 10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Bump!

Auto Show this Friday, and cruise(and museum) this Sunday!!

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for tint places?

Quick Reply: October Motorgen Meet/K1 Speed/Canyon Cruise/California Speedway Thread