Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

anyone using the summit drag thrusts on the front

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using the summit drag thrusts on the front

they look like weld pro's a little..... like the look...
was gonna buy the 15x4 for my fronts ..... anyone using and or have pics mounted ?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by flyinbluess
they look like weld pro's a little..... like the look...
was gonna buy the 15x4 for my fronts ..... anyone using and or have pics mounted ?
those look nice. I bought the pulsars a year ago. the fronts clear the stock brakes with a small spacer in case you were wondering
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Just another example of lack of imagination. Chinese copies of American engineering.
Support the USA and our workers. Save your money a little longer and buy real wheels produced in the USA by USA workers trying to earn a living and support their families just like you do!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelczar
Just another example of lack of imagination. Chinese copies of American engineering.
Support the USA and our workers. Save your money a little longer and buy real wheels produced in the USA by USA workers trying to earn a living and support their families just like you do!
It's sad when folks purchase these pieces. It seems there's a new breed of people that really don't understand what a drag wheel is and what they are designed for. You might as well take the typical truck 15" wheel and use them calling them a "drag" style wheel. They have about the same weight benefits. Unfortunately, these new style wheels coming out only look like drag wheels without the racing benefits. …Worst part of it all...now you have a car that handles terrible and offers little other benefits. …pretty soon we’re going to start seeing big exhaust tips and huge wings on the cars.

Did you see summits mag-num wheel? ...pretty ridiculous not only are the copying the design but they aren't innovative regarding naming them. Sorry to see all of your wheels being copied. I'm sure our styles will be next.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Well said! These are the same wheels as the mag-num they changed the name.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

easy guys, I see your point but we are in a recession and spending 3 times the price to race in a sport where you lose money every time you go out is not smart. The argument you are making is no different than all the other products we buy. The tv you watch, the camera you use, some of the machines and parts you use to make your usa wheels come from China. The computer you are typing on.....etc. When this country can get to a point of making the same or better products at the same or better prices....then we can keep America America!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said! These are the same wheels as the mag-num they changed the name.
No kidding. They changed the name on them. Did you guys have anything to do with that? That was pretty ridiculous to mock the name with the hyphen.

Bracketracer... I understand your point, but do you realize what you're purchasing really only looks like a drag wheel and that's about it. So what is the reason for purchasing them? You just want to look like you have a race-car?

Do you understand how many of you guys using American cars hate seeing "ricer" cars with big wings and a big tailpipe...why do many pick on those guys...they just want to look like they have a race-car. The amount of money you spend on gas exceeds cost differences for higher quality products of which you'll actually reap benefits.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
No kidding. They changed the name on them. Did you guys have anything to do with that? That was pretty ridiculous to mock the name with the hyphen.

Bracketracer... I understand your point, but do you realize what you're purchasing really only looks like a drag wheel and that's about it. So what is the reason for purchasing them? You just want to look like you have a race-car?

Do you understand how many of you guys using American cars hate seeing "ricer" cars with big wings and a big tailpipe...why do many pick on those guys...they just want to look like they have a race-car. The amount of money you spend on gas exceeds cost differences for higher quality products of which you'll actually reap benefits.
Amen.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

ok..... first off i dont think i asked anyone the proper way to support the u.s or my family........ second off i asked a simple question.....if anyone has used them and has pics mounted....... lets stick to the subject shall we ?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

not sure your helping either ? been drag racing since i was 15 and i am 40.
pretty aware of the benefits of having less rolling resistance..... this is a budget daily driver and just want an in expensive front runner in a design i like...... its as simple as that........if it was maybe for my 1500hp 10.5 outlaw car i might be more **** about the rim i use....... but thats not the case. this wheel might not be the WORLDS lightest rim but i would bet that its better than the 60lb a piece 10 in wide tire and rim i have now. attached are
photos of 2 of my cars....... rims are for the daily driver camaro !!!!

It's sad when folks purchase these pieces. It seems there's a new breed of people that really don't understand what a drag wheel is and what they are designed for. You might as well take the typical truck 15" wheel and use them calling them a "drag" style wheel. They have about the same weight benefits. Unfortunately, these new style wheels coming out only look like drag wheels without the racing benefits. …Worst part of it all...now you have a car that handles terrible and offers little other benefits. …pretty soon we’re going to start seeing big exhaust tips and huge wings on the cars.

Did you see summits mag-num wheel? ...pretty ridiculous not only are the copying the design but they aren't innovative regarding naming them. Sorry to see all of your wheels being copied. I'm sure our styles will be next.
Attached Thumbnails anyone using the summit drag thrusts on the front-img00021-20090531-1215.jpg   anyone using the summit drag thrusts on the front-img00355-20090919-1700.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Sorry for getting side tracked. These wheels have the exact same offering as the summit star wheels. Made by the same company for summit as their private label brand. Look for threads about the summit stars applications to see comments on how they fit. These wheels will be the same.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

So you're looking for the "drag car look" then?? Cause I use light weight american made wheels on my street car, as well as our shops top sportsman car, along with the dragster?

Last edited by Camaro396; 10-12-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Well.......... I am looking for the benefits of the less rolling resistance but wanna a good look and don't wanna spend 200 to 400 a rim ....not a huge fan of the weld stars but that would be the only other rim in my price range....... Really like Bogart D10's but that aint gonna happen :-). This is a 500hp car now but will be 700hp soon
Old 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Well.......... I am looking for the benefits of the less rolling resistance but wanna a good look and don't wanna spend 200 to 400 a rim ....not a huge fan of the weld stars but that would be the only other rim in my price range....... Really like Bogart D10's but that aint gonna happen :-). This is a 500hp car now but will be 700hp soon
Good deal. Weld rims are not for everyone. It's all in what you want to spend, what you want to do with the car, and what you like! As far as I know, no one has tried the Summit "Drag Thrusts", but as wheelczar had mentioned, they will fit the same as the other Summit series wheels.

-Lance

Last edited by Camaro396; 10-12-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus dude every time someone posts about getting some budget rims you basically call them a dumbass. Not everyone has the budget for top of the line parts. I know when the time comes for me to get some drag wheels I will more than likely get the summit wheels or maybe some greg welds. You make it seem like its a waste if you done get top of the line stuff. Damn man not cool.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

its funny how everyone just ignores the part about all the products they do use that are off shore when I bring it up.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

not sure your helping either ? been drag racing since i was 15 and i am 40.
pretty aware of the benefits of having less rolling resistance..... this is a budget daily driver and just want an in expensive front runner in a design i like...... its as simple as that........if it was maybe for my 1500hp 10.5 outlaw car i might be more **** about the rim i use....... but thats not the case. this wheel might not be the WORLDS lightest rim but i would bet that its better than the 60lb a piece 10 in wide tire and rim i have now. attached are
photos of 2 of my cars....... rims are for the daily driver camaro !!!!
Do you plan on selling your stock wheels?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree, coming into a thread where someone asks for pics of something just to bash on them is not cool and to be honest would push me away from wanting to purchase anything from you. Like stated, not everyone can afford top of the line stuff sometimes. I was a college kid once, I remember running "knock-off" drag lites on my old Camaro, and it had no issues motoring down the track on spray (think 9.82@136mph). I got a deal on them and they served my purpose. Is it cool some of these companies take a wheel and straight up copy it, not really. Do you blame people for buying that wheel if they aren't "seriously" drag racing their car , I don't. I know some people that have to buy the most expensive product for everything they get because they think it'll work the best, then I see a guy at the track with his "knock-offs" but money spent well elsewhere lay it down on him. If we all had the money for Bogarts and Kooks headers and other things like this, then there would be no need for these other companies and what not. But we don't all have that kind of money. Don't b**ch at someone for buying what they like and can afford just because they aren't buying your stuff, b**ch to the companies copying these things or find a way to make them more affordable for EVERYONE and you won't have this issue. Yes I know the tooling, R&D etc all costs money and that goes into the prices but I'm just saying, let it be. These "knock-offs" are better than stock wheels/tires so even though they may not be as good as say a Weld, a Bogart or something similar, they are still a step up from nothing at all.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FSTZ71
I agree, coming into a thread where someone asks for pics of something just to bash on them is not cool and to be honest would push me away from wanting to purchase anything from you. Like stated, not everyone can afford top of the line stuff sometimes. I was a college kid once, I remember running "knock-off" drag lites on my old Camaro, and it had no issues motoring down the track on spray (think 9.82@136mph). I got a deal on them and they served my purpose. Is it cool some of these companies take a wheel and straight up copy it, not really. Do you blame people for buying that wheel if they aren't "seriously" drag racing their car , I don't. I know some people that have to buy the most expensive product for everything they get because they think it'll work the best, then I see a guy at the track with his "knock-offs" but money spent well elsewhere lay it down on him. If we all had the money for Bogarts and Kooks headers and other things like this, then there would be no need for these other companies and what not. But we don't all have that kind of money. Don't b**ch at someone for buying what they like and can afford just because they aren't buying your stuff, b**ch to the companies copying these things or find a way to make them more affordable for EVERYONE and you won't have this issue. Yes I know the tooling, R&D etc all costs money and that goes into the prices but I'm just saying, let it be. These "knock-offs" are better than stock wheels/tires so even though they may not be as good as say a Weld, a Bogart or something similar, they are still a step up from nothing at all.

Bumping a thread that's going on 2 years old to post your .02 that STILL has nothing to do with the original question of asking if anyone has used them or has pictures, is not cool either.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Your right, I misread the last post and thought it said 2010, I just thought it was a few days old, I apologize. Figuring as everyone else had chimed in that way, the thread had pretty much changed subject. Here's a pic of them on the rear of a Mustang just to see what they actually look like:

Coated black:

Only pics I could really find of them mounted on anything. Sorry for the BFTD thread bump.

Last edited by 1FSTZ71; 10-13-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: anyone using the summit drag thrusts on the front