Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with alarm and car wont start. NEED HELP ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with alarm and car wont start. NEED HELP ASAP

Well a quick rundown of the problem as soon as you connect the battery the alarm starts going off. Normally you can turn the ignition key on and it stops well not in this case it just keep going off. No matter what I have done its still goes off and not allowing the car to start. Is it a possible bad BCM??? I have reflashed the whole computer with its current tune and nothing. Turned off all VATS and nothing. Im just lost at this point and the car won't start. Its a 99 T/A as well. Anyone ever heard of this issue? Is there a way to bypass the factory alarm all together??? Any help guys ASAP would be great. Also the security light stays on and blinks

Last edited by 00turboT/A; 09-30-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

TTT... Nobody has ever had this issue???
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Default Bad BCM? Possible.

As far as your specific issue, I've never heard of it. Have you changed out any of the computer modules lately? Also, I do have one suggestion.

I had a problem with the BCM in my 2000 Camaro Z28: the radio and windows would stop working intermittently. I found the root of the cause was a cold solder joint in the BCM, and it's not uncommon. I think your 99 T/A would have the same BCM as mine.

If a cold solder joint has finally cracked it may prevent the BCM from receiving a signal it needs to know that the system is okay. You can try wiggling the wires to it as someone connects and disconnects the battery to see if you can prevent it from setting off the alarm. You can also pull the BCM out and visually inspect it, try spotting a problem.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by daemon
As far as your specific issue, I've never heard of it. Have you changed out any of the computer modules lately? Also, I do have one suggestion.

I had a problem with the BCM in my 2000 Camaro Z28: the radio and windows would stop working intermittently. I found the root of the cause was a cold solder joint in the BCM, and it's not uncommon. I think your 99 T/A would have the same BCM as mine.

If a cold solder joint has finally cracked it may prevent the BCM from receiving a signal it needs to know that the system is okay. You can try wiggling the wires to it as someone connects and disconnects the battery to see if you can prevent it from setting off the alarm. You can also pull the BCM out and visually inspect it, try spotting a problem.
Im gonna pull the BCM and inspect it and see where Im at with that. Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

ever figure it out? i have the same problem! help please!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Give me a call and I will tell you whatyou can do to get it going