Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Lockout Malfunction after new Master

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Lockout Malfunction after new Master

Okay, so I finally put my new Tick Master in my car a couple days ago. Then, when I went to go drive it, my car wouldn't go into reverse. And by that I mean the reverse lockout gate wouldnt open to let me past the 5-6 shift fork. Plus my PCM threw two new codes at me:
P0102 - MAF or VAF A circuit low input
P0803 - 1-4 upshift solenoid circuit malfunction

I had done the CAGS delete with a resistor when I first bought the car, but never had seen this code before. I also tried disconnecting then reconnecting the battery to get rid of the MAF code, but it's still there.

Thinking I'd just suck up the codes, I unbolted my Reverse Lockout and went for a drive. Well, turns out that ATF leaks from when the Reverse Lockout goes. So, now I have to put it back on and figure this out the hard way.

Now, I checked the wiring harness that goes to the drivers side of the tranny to see if my headers burnt it. It was fine. No melted plastic anywhere. Plus my speedometer works still, which makes me think that it's a bad ground somewhere.

When I installed the new master, I had to fiddle with the large wiring harness that's at the base of the Strut tower. I pulled on it pretty hard to fit the Tick Master in there, so I might have broken a wire somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, and I hope this is the right forum to post this in.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the exact same thing just happened to me today, i'll let you know if i find anything out. Btw this may sound retarded but if you desperately need to use reverse, just push the thing pretty hard and you can get it to go in, didn't hurt anything i've done it a couple times. (had to get to an exam, parked forward in the spot)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

hey man i see u got longtubes, my lts melted through the heat wrap and burnt a couple wires, i'm guessin that's it. (drivers side). i'ma fix em and what not and i'll let you know
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

I had one of my LTs burn through the drivers side 02 extension, but that's it.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

well i just fixed the two out of the 4 wires goin to the o2 sensor and nothing... i dunno... i read another thread and it figured it'd be worth a try... plus i needed to fix em anyway. damn well anyone else wanna shed some light on the subject?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like you plugged in the connectors to the wrong locations. Try switching the plugs from the cags solenoid and the reverse lockout solenoid. It's a common mistake.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

ah i'm pretty much 100% sure i did it right (if you're talkin to me). the wires were'nt broken, the metal was just showing, and i fixed em 1 at a time for that reason
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

okay i'm an idiot. last nite after i fixed the wires and ****, it was like 2am and i forgot to check for a blown fuse as well as the burnt wires. I'll blame the security guard threatening to tow my car and fine me if i didn't get my car off the sidewalk/handicapped parking spot (no jack). i'm assuming the fuse blew as a result of the burnt wires... problem solved.... hope this helps op
Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

yep, that's what happened to me, too.
Burnt wires led to a blown fuse. Fixed the wires, replaced the fuse, and my car now goes in revese. no more SES, either.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

BRILLIANT!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool, happy to hear it's fixed.