Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new sensors.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new sensors.

Hey guys I just got some new bosch sensors (longer corvette ones) Ever since I put the headers on last summer I've had a ses light, suspected that the wires we we extended were spliced wrong. Just wondering I can just connect these right up and there should be no issues? Also the driver side wire rubbed against the collector and burned through, how can I avoid doing this with the new set?

I was also wondering about tuning, I ment to get the car tuned on a dyno this year but never got the money to do it. Will the the o2 get muffed up if I don't tune? I plan on taking the car out this weekend on a trip and might have a race against a new srt 8 challenger so want to make sure this will be alright.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you have someone clear the code for cat O2's when you put on the LT's? If not then that is why you have a SES light on.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vette o2's gook right up. I use Zip ties to get everything away from heat. Use a scanner to clear DTC codes. Yes, you should always have the tune checked, the A/F, and verify if the car is showing KR. I am borrowing a Predetor scan tool and it tells me all that. Also you can see all 4 o2's (up and down stream) and how they work together.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I had someone clear the code but it came back on. I'm going to put the sensors on tonight or tomorrow morning. Just curious, can the scanners at the dealership do any sort of tuning? Just cause I know a guy who does work after hours and a good rate and has access to all that.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

The wires are huuuuge, plenty of room to zip-tie them out of the way. What was the exact code you had/have?

Search this Thread