Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

hearign a loud thud! from tranny,shaft,rearend area when decelerating.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation hearign a loud thud! from tranny,shaft,rearend area when decelerating.

Damn forgot to spell check the title!!!
so lately i have been hearing a loud thud only happens every now and then but its becoming more and more common. most of the time is when Im coming to a complete stop or just taking off or put it in to gear (its auto) also heard it the loudest when i held it in 1st gear went wot then let it shift to 2nd i have a metal drive shaft maybe its loose?

so probably tomorrow i will go under the car and check out a list of things since i have been playing with the suspension alot im goin to make sure everything is tight and torqued. hopefully its not the tranny or rearend giving out

tranny mount
driveshaft bolts
torque arm
adj lca's
lca relos
adj panhard
shocks
springs
brakes

just did reared fluid about a month ago with no leak issues.

thanks
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Tranny mount, did it on mine, most obvious sign was the nice shiny spot and dent from the tailhousing and driveshaft connecting with the body.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool also have a energy suspension tranny mount that i added few months back so it will be good to check it car only has 50k so i think u joints are fine since it was checked at 45k but will do again.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

update checked it all and also swaybar everything was tight..
i have my car on jack stands all around i put the car in neutral i move the drive-shaft with my hand and notice there's that i can move it about 1/10 then after there is the thud i think i have been hearing.
should there be a bit of play on the driveshaft? sounds like the thud is coming from my reared i have 273s

Quick Reply: hearign a loud thud! from tranny,shaft,rearend area when decelerating.