Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

whats the highest HP sc'er package........

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default whats the highest HP sc'er package........

that just comes as a kit ready to install onto your engine.

Figure a 408ci LSX iron block with lower compression pistons ready for as much boost as a kit like that can produce.

Keeping A/C.

Full time race gas.

FMIC.

Whats the most RWHP someone can get going that route. No crazy fabbing, just a bolt on kit.
Minor fabbing ok of course.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Procharger F1C will bolt up. Minor fab work to get a good intake on the unit (maybe slight cutting of the lower radiator support), and minor cutting of the supplied procharger fan shroud to add an additional 9" puller fan to work in conjunction with the supplied 16" puller. Very minor fab for either the dual 4.5" IC, or the single large IC. EPP will hook you up with EVERYTHING you need to get it up and running in one 'kit'. Call Bob there for the best pricing (better than listed on their website often as they can't publicly advertise their best deals)
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Procharger F1C will bolt up. Minor fab work to get a good intake on the unit (maybe slight cutting of the lower radiator support), and minor cutting of the supplied procharger fan shroud to add an additional 9" puller fan to work in conjunction with the supplied 16" puller. Very minor fab for either the dual 4.5" IC, or the single large IC. EPP will hook you up with EVERYTHING you need to get it up and running in one 'kit'. Call Bob there for the best pricing (better than listed on their website often as they can't publicly advertise their best deals)
Thanks.

RWHP...4L80E tranny...with the 408ci or whatever cubic inch engine should be built for max power/efficiency?????? Engine is in a crate, didn't start the build yet. Just researching a bit.

Approximate price to be 100% done??? ......including fuel system upgrade and whatever else ready to drive.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 AM

Thats the million dollar question lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...induction.html <<--start here.. OR just call Bob and ask him.

I'm not sure how much of a budget you are on, but on stuff like the fuel system, you can save a LOT of money by making your own by sourcing out all the stuff needed (Jegs or Summit should have everything you will need) You just gotta know what all to buy as far as which fittings, how much line, etc. If you want a 'kit' with no thought required, nasty performance can hook you up, but be prepared to shell out some dough for a pre-made kit specifically for your car. A 'custom' system isnt at all hard to fab up yourself.

If your drivetrain isnt up to par, then you better take that into consideration as well.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Thats the million dollar question lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...induction.html <<--start here.. OR just call Bob and ask him.

I'm not sure how much of a budget you are on, but on stuff like the fuel system, you can save a LOT of money by making your own by sourcing out all the stuff needed (Jegs or Summit should have everything you will need) You just gotta know what all to buy as far as which fittings, how much line, etc. If you want a 'kit' with no thought required, nasty performance can hook you up, but be prepared to shell out some dough for a pre-made kit specifically for your car. A 'custom' system isnt at all hard to fab up yourself.

If your drivetrain isnt up to par, then you better take that into consideration as well.
Budget isn't the issue. My powertrain is in my sig, I think its just fine. Plus our brand new completely built 4L80E we have to put in. We were just about to start the build, a 408ci LSX iron block. We were gonna do a single turbo, like a big bitch (FI98X)...but it seems everytime we talk to people or the builder there's always something else that makes it just seem like a PITA.
Thats why I was just asking about a complete SC'er package we can just give the car to a shop and have them install it, then pick the car up in a month or whatever it takes. But if a SC'er kit like that can't go over 1,000 RWHP, we probably won't do it, we'll just do the single turbo project.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want over 1000 rwhp then you better just go with a turbo setup. I did 940 rwhp with a LSX 427 and a F1A Procharger on 15 lbs. I have since switched to a F1R and I have seen 19 lbs out of it which I think has to be right around 1000 rwhp. I like my supercharger setup but if I was to start over I would just go with a twin setup.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 AM

A supercharger setup is definitely a lot easier and less complicated than a turbo. If your goal is 1000+rwhp, I'd definitely look into an F1R. Reason I originally said F1C is because I was under the impression you wanted something that just bolted right up. The F1R wont bolt right up to the standard bracket, I have no clue what needs to be done for it, but there are others on here who have done it that extreme, so try a search on that. If you are wanting to drop it off at a shop to do the work, then why not give it to the #1 experts on prochargers and have EPP do everything for you. They can do the install, set you up with all the right parts, and even get it tuned in their inhouse dyno!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably won't find a bolt on S/C kit to make over 1000RWHP, an F1R is a big headunit and won't fit in the normal ProCharger mounting position. You can't ask for more than 1000RWHP and no fabrication really. If budget isn't an issue, drop it off at somewhere like LMR or EPP, tell them you want X amount of horsepower, sit back, relax, write a check when its done. Plan for around 25-30k starting from scratch.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
You probably won't find a bolt on S/C kit to make over 1000RWHP, an F1R is a big headunit and won't fit in the normal ProCharger mounting position. You can't ask for more than 1000RWHP and no fabrication really. If budget isn't an issue, drop it off at somewhere like LMR or EPP, tell them you want X amount of horsepower, sit back, relax, write a check when its done. Plan for around 25-30k starting from scratch.
Remember though, the engine, tranny and car is taken care of, I already have the engine, just sitting here waiting to make a decision on what/how to build it.....for a turbo or a sc'er.

So I assume your 25K-30K was including an engine...right?

Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The F1R wont bolt right up to the standard bracket.
Yes it will. But running an F1R and trying to get 1000 rwhp you would probably be better off running a cogged belt setup. I have plenty of belt issues running a F1R with an 8 rib serpentine belt.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started an F1A build on a 418 in May. My engine was already forged I just swapped the heads/cam dropped the compression slapped 15-16lbs of boost at it. There's a lot crap involved in these blowers than you think. I didn't choose procharger because of the price (there not cheap) in my case I could have gone at least single turbo for equal or less money and I've done all the labor minus some fab work which is really what blew my budget.

If I had to do it over again I would have an F1R at the very least. I haven't maxed out my F1A yet but I probably will and my power level isn't really inline with the amount of boost I'm running. I'm already itching for 1000rwhp+ and the question of if my blower can get me there has come up.

+1 on what everyone else said about EPP I purchased most of my procharger items through them no question there the guys for prochargers.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:50 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

high compression sc setup would get you over 1000hp
Old 10-03-2009, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

An F1-C should get you 1000hp at the crank, F1-R should get you that much at the tires. My F1-C "bolted on" with a few cuts here & there. An R would probably be more involved because of the head unit size.

If you're going to run race gas full time (with meth?) you might get 1000 at the tires with F1-C with enough compression.

But you said you're keeping the AC? Good luck with that idea. I can't recall anyone doing that with an F series & NOT having over heating issues. You're gonna need a big-*** radiator & the AC unit needs to go.

But I agree, give Bob @ EPP a call & tell him your plans. He'll tell you what you'll need.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

Do a turbo kit and never look back. Superchargers can suffer from belt slippage issues that haunt you forever, they have huge parasitic drag in high HP setups, and are limited to where they can be placed since they are an added "accessory" on the engine. Unless you care about a/c (you are in FL) does it really matter which forced induction route you go?

The supporting parts (fuel/trans/rear end) to handle 1000rwhp+ is pretty much one off anyway so what is a little more work? The Ohio Boys went 200mph+ with a truck manifold setup and big turbo.... so why not simply start with those and then get the appropriate sized turbo for your goals..... KYTP makes a nice kit based off of that and it is reasonably priced if you don't have a fabricator.

Isn't FL one of the biggest performance/custom car places in the world? There has got to be a place that will make it happen for you....
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
But you said you're keeping the AC? Good luck with that idea. I can't recall anyone doing that with an F series & NOT having over heating issues. You're gonna need a big-*** radiator & the AC unit needs to go.
I am running an F1 with AC and have resolved all my overheating issues with added fans and a bigger radiator. Granted, I'm not running an F1R, and if I were, it'd be even more challenging to figure out how to cram it all in there because right now, I have ZERO space between the truck hat and the radiator- they are actually touching, but they do fit. If I were looking at an F1R, I would look at cutting out the lower radiator support and moving it forward to provide clearance for the bigger head unit, and a nice 90deg inlet for it.

But hell, if you are wanting BIG power, why not go with an F2 setup! Look up rufretic. He has a nicely fabbed F2 setup. Now its all custom, so at that point, you aren't really looking at a simple 'bolt on and go' type setup like you said in your original post..
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

You will need an F1R and a good belt setup to see 1000 wheel. The F1R mounts with the same bolt pattern as the P and D series. If you have the room, I would go with a F2 series and a cog or gear drive. The SC route is a bit less expensive than turbo's, but still around $40-50K by the time the dust settles to make reliable power with supporting mods.

Dallas Performance has a 1,000+ hp Stage 5R kit
http://www.dallasperformance.com/DPC...6pkg/index.htm

Last edited by john_sblendorio; 10-03-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Banned

Thanks fellas.

Seems like the single turbo is a no brainer for my goals. All we need is a turbo kit built, fuel system and managment system. I would certainly hope that can all be had for under $15,000.

Quick Reply: whats the highest HP sc'er package........