Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 - So, who has plans on racing/modifying their GTO?

Nine Ball
12-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Do we have any diehard performance enthusiasts buying a GTO? Who is going to be the guy that hits 11s first, 10s first? Anyone here have any big plans in the works, even before the car arrives?

If I had one on order, I'd already have a 427ci sitting on an engine stand waiting on it. Imagine the money you could make off that sleeper when you take it to the track with paper tags still on it and a sneaky 427ci under the hood. Everyone would line up to race the "new GTO" for cash, and you would only have to 3/4 throttle it :D

Yep, I'm kinda evil like that.

Patrick G
12-04-2003, 08:35 AM
I plan on getting one and leaning on it pretty hard. Still can't decide if I want to go with the automatic or the stick. The auto would make for better drag racing, but the stick would be better from a roll and a lot more fun to drive. Instead of going crazy with a stupid cam that won't idle, I'll probably look into a blower. Gotta love that sneaky speed, huh Tony?

Billy Bad WS7
12-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Anyone know what that thing weighs?

Tails
12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Anyone know what that thing weighs?

According to a November news release at media.gm.com the curb weight is 3761 lbs.
:)

RUQWIKR
12-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Do we have any diehard performance enthusiasts buying a GTO? Who is going to be the guy that hits 11s first, 10s first? Anyone here have any big plans in the works, even before the car arrives?

If I had one on order, I'd already have a 427ci sitting on an engine stand waiting on it. Imagine the money you could make off that sleeper when you take it to the track with paper tags still on it and a sneaky 427ci under the hood. Everyone would line up to race the "new GTO" for cash, and you would only have to 3/4 throttle it :D

Yep, I'm kinda evil like that.

I might just know of a guy with a red Formula that's keeping that one, but keeps getting packages from UPS for another red car that will "wake up" sometime next spring. :bat_angel

Based on when his tracks open up, he probably won't get a chance to baseline it...just will run it in his not-bone-stock trim.

Now who could this person be? :thinker:

Supertrapped
12-11-2003, 07:59 PM
I plan on getting one and leaning on it pretty hard. Still can't decide if I want to go with the automatic or the stick. The auto would make for better drag racing, but the stick would be better from a roll and a lot more fun to drive. Instead of going crazy with a stupid cam that won't idle, I'll probably look into a blower. Gotta love that sneaky speed, huh Tony?
My thoughts exactly

alexWS6
12-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Instead of going crazy with a stupid cam that won't idle, I'll probably look into a blower.

I agree, a forced induction kit would be super cool on a car like this. Although, imagine how cool it would be to see one cammin its ass off at a light, with paper plates!! :eek2:

BIGBOS
12-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Turbo would be nice on one of those........:)

Assassin
12-15-2003, 07:32 AM
want to get one, wonder if ls1 edit will work on um, gut the cats, cut the mufflers off, pop on the direct port 200 shot, McLeod street twin, pray the rear end will hold, should be in the low 11's