LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New LS4 Owner! I Got Questions...

Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS4 Owner! I Got Questions...

The Wife and I just purchased an '07 GXP. We test drove it and she is in love with the car so we put a deposit down and will pay cash and pick it up next weekend while an issue is being sorted out: This car has the ABS and Traction Control lights on. The lot has an on site repair shop and after computer diagnostic said that the rear driver side wheel hub assembly has an ABS sensor that needs to be replaced (they are going to replace the entire hub assembly rather than just the bad sensor). Is this a tell-tale sign of things to come or just a random "**** happens" issue? My gut says it's the latter.

I know that the front tires are a different size than the rear (255/45-18 and 225/50-18 respectively). This makes rotation virtually impossible unless one goes from right to left, etc. I was wondering if anyone here has gone for aftermarket wheels that match all around. I was thinking 9.5" wide X 18" tall rims to fit 275/40-18 tires. Or at the least another set of OEM front wheels to go on the back. I think the investment of matching wheels would be well worth it to extend the life of the tires over the years. Any thoughts here?

Anyway, there is not much in the sticky section in the LS4 sub-forum so are there any issues I need to look out for while my car is under it's 6-month car lot warranty? I can return the car within 3 days of driving it off the lot for a full refund. Car Fax and NADA Auto Check both look great on this car.

Thanks for any consideration.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

They should be able to look up the vin to see what warranty work has been done. ISS, battery, remote start module, etc. When the ISS is messed up your wheel will shake and stuff. I think the rears are smaller to clear the trailing arms.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by neilownz
I think the rears are smaller to clear the trailing arms.
Incorrect.

It's for "performance."

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=2049671

Last edited by GXP25; 10-04-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Search this Thread