Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust leak sound with no leak? rasp help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face exhaust leak sound with no leak? rasp help!

hey guys i got a question my cars got a set of pacesetted coated lt's tsp ory 3in pipe over the axle in to a single in single out ss magnaflow muffler with a hiden tip under the bumper.

my problem is that if im starting off from a dead stop and go about 1/2 throttle and from 35-40 or so it sound like i have an exhaust leak but i dont my y is welded to the headers and the rest of the y is also welded so there are no leaks.

i had it up on a lift with the car running and me brake tq'ing it some i can hear it and so can the exhaust shop guy(he was under the car)it dont do it in the uper rpm's eather.

is this rasp? im all 3in from the lt's back so can my pipe be to big? thats what he said it could be.

i have a slp lm2 muffler in my garage that i can have welded in my i pipe but i dont know if that will help so i need ya guys!

thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably not worth mentioning, but have you checked to make sure the header bolts are nice and tight or you don't have a slight gasket leak there?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

I have somewhat of the same deal man. After I put long tubes on it just had like a exhaust leak sound to it under certian throttle and load. No leaks at all anywhere. I just chaulked it up to my exhaust setup combination with long tubes and boom tubes and sprial flows must have that leaking sound under certian conditions.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

well this can also be heard when i start the car but its not that loud.
but a few times i tryed to make it do it and it wouldent.
any one else got any idea?
and thanks guys
Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Launching!

same problem. the only way i knew for a fact that i had an exhaust leak was because condensation would build up in my exhaust and when i started the car it would spray out of where the leak was.

Quick Reply: exhaust leak sound with no leak? rasp help!