Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake issue

I just put c5 z06 brakes and steel braided brake lines on. Now when I hit the brakes the pedal goes 1/3 of the way down before the brakes begin to engage. I don't know what the problem is I've bleed the brakes 3 time now. What do you guys think it is?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SnakeSlayinZ
I just put c5 z06 brakes and steel braided brake lines on. Now when I hit the brakes the pedal goes 1/3 of the way down before the brakes begin to engage. I don't know what the problem is I've bleed the brakes 3 time now. What do you guys think it is?
When you installed the new brakes, did you allow the master cylinder reservior to go empty?? If so, you probably got air in the ABS system. There is a specific procedure to bleed it, and it often requires a scan tool (GM Tech II).

If the master was full the whole time, you probably still have some air still in the system somewhere. The procedure is to start bleeding at the right rear wheel, then the left rear, then the right front, then finally the left front. I'd bleed it once more and see if you can get some more air.

And not to insult you, but the bleeders are facing upwards on each side right??