Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking of buying HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of buying HP Tuners

I have a few questions though. I have a 2000 GMC Yukon Denali w/ 5.7 liter. This is the first generation Denali. Will HP Tuners support this vehicle? Secondly how easy is this package to use, i am a pretty good weekend mechanic, but am not a professional. I have no cats on my yukon, does this package allow me to delete the rear sensors. I have a predator tuner for my 01 t/a but predator does not make a tuner for my yukon.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2009, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will HP Tuners support this vehicle?
Yes it will.

Secondly how easy is this package to use
Thats up to the individual.

Did I find it easy when I first started, no. It was a bit overwhelming as there are literally hundreds of tables you are able to change within our software. Did I learn it, yes. Did it become easy, yes. But only you can put in the time and effort into learning it.

Look at it like excel, nobody knows how to use excel when they first open it but if you work your way around the software you will learn how to use it, the help file we include is very helpful as well as are our demo's. There are also classes offered by several companies like www.thetuningschool.com & www.thetuningbook.com so if you want a guide to tuning those would really be a couple of good resources to look into.

-Bill
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Teching In

i had a mentor. without one it is very difficult to learn
Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

hptuners is great software once you get the hang of it. Tuning is not that bad either but it will take you a while to get good at it. Plan on spending countless hours reading. he best advice I can give you is search topics on this site and others about what you want to learn AND buy some good reading material on the subject. Greg Banish's book is REALLY good and easy to understand....you should buy it and read it a couple times.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDMC5
hptuners is great software once you get the hang of it. Tuning is not that bad either but it will take you a while to get good at it. Plan on spending countless hours reading. he best advice I can give you is search topics on this site and others about what you want to learn AND buy some good reading material on the subject. Greg Banish's book is REALLY good and easy to understand....you should buy it and read it a couple times.
Which one of his books are you talking about?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had it for over a month and just barely understand what the VE table actually does all the time.

its going to be one HELL of a learning process.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem.../dp/1932494421
Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you will figure out is when you pay a shop $500-600 for a dyno tune you will figure out all they do is do about 30 seconds of math and maybe some copy and paste on the computer IF they didnt PE rape the tune