Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bonneville seats in a 98 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bonneville seats in a 98 Camaro?

I tried to search for threads in the past that may have covered this, but I did not find anything except for GTO seats. So my question is, has anyone ever put 95-99 Bonneville seats in a 98-02 Camaro?
I am more interested in if they have the same bolt pattern and everything, and if it would just bolt right up. It seems like they should, both coming out of the same time period as each other and both being GM cars. I just personally believe that the seats in my car suck, and they are killing my back. My brother has a 95 Bonneville and his seats are so damn comfy I want to put some in my car! Thanks for any help.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im interested too, bonneville seats are sooo comfy
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

see if ur brother will let u test it out one day
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hum, very interested. Let me know if you find anything else out
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Teching In

i have a bird and bonne but birds gettin put away for winter other wise id mess around with it
Old 10-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Launching!

So....anybody actually done this or seen it done? Im thinkin about just buying some seats and trying it out but I dont want to waste my money if Im gonna have to fabricate a bunch of crap, thats why im asking here first. Somebody has to know. Please tell us!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive never seen a 4th gen with Bonneville seats. Mostly because in the F-body world, the 4th gen seats seem to be the cream of the crop. Most thirdgen guys will upgrade to the 4th gens.

However...this guy put Bonneville seats in his thirdgen. Since 4th gen seats bolt right into a thirdgen, its safe to assume bonneville seats would fit into a 4th gen, similarily to how they fit in this thirdgen.

I couldnt find info on what he had to do to make the fit, but Im sure you could ask him if interested. Its probably not too bad. But this gives you an idea of how they'd look proportions wise.

That help ya any?

J.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Launching!

man i miss my bonneville seats
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Well if they bolt in to a 3rd gen that easy, then they will bolt into a 4th gen without a problem. I have a pair of 3rd gen seats in my 4th gen firebird. Looks interesting. Wondering how comfortable they would be for my fat butt.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Hey guys...im new to ls1tech but not thirdgen.org.

BTW that is my car guys....my user name over on third gen is mtwlkn122...i just made this account as i will be doing an ls1 swap into my car sometime in the near future...and mostly to let you know about those seats.

Either way those pictures are pretty good representation of how they look...although now I have a 4th gen center console instead of that 3rd gen one.

As for the mounting of the seats. It was VERY tight in the third gen but would prolly fit in a 4th gen a lil bit better. Those seats are out of a 95 bonneville that i junked. They had two sets of holes in the bottom to mount to. One was threaded and one was not. I used the ones that are NOT threaded and just used g8 bolts with washers, lock washers, and nuts. I did use the third gen seat slider brackets tho. The fit was a little tight and had to kind of work the tracks to go over the studs on the floor. It did bolt up tho and they do recline and all.

My only complaint was that they do not have a provision for the seat belt guide. And they also fit tight so they dont slide very well but do slide. And last thing if you want to use the backseat(i gutted mine as a roll bar is going there so it doesnt matter) the seats dont fold forward like the 3rd and 4th gen ones do.

The good: They are COMFORTABLE!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Thank you so much for the info! I am looking for some black leather seats just like the ones in that firebird. This helps a lot, I will post some pics when i get them swapped in...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ls1Thirdgen91 (mtwlkn122) thanks for chiming in! I was going to come get you if there was more interest in your seat swap.

Im pretty sure the tracks on the 4th and 3rd gen are pretty close. So like I said, anything that can be done in the 3rd gen seat wise should work in a 4th gen. And visa versa.

My dad has a 2002 SLE, and his seats are COMFY. A little cushy for the way I drive my 3rd gen though. I need a little more holding me in place haha. But if I could easily switch between the two, the bonneville seats would be great for daily commuting and trips.

I bet you could have an upholstry shop add some foam to the side bolsters to make them more supportive and more like buckets...then you'd have really comfy seats that held you firmly in place.

Can you post pictures with the 4th gen console in place? That'd give an even better indication of how they'd look in a 4th gen.

J.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

How is the weight on those compared to ours?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Ls1Thirdgen91 (mtwlkn122) thanks for chiming in! I was going to come get you if there was more interest in your seat swap.

Im pretty sure the tracks on the 4th and 3rd gen are pretty close. So like I said, anything that can be done in the 3rd gen seat wise should work in a 4th gen. And visa versa.

My dad has a 2002 SLE, and his seats are COMFY. A little cushy for the way I drive my 3rd gen though. I need a little more holding me in place haha. But if I could easily switch between the two, the bonneville seats would be great for daily commuting and trips.

I bet you could have an upholstry shop add some foam to the side bolsters to make them more supportive and more like buckets...then you'd have really comfy seats that held you firmly in place.

Can you post pictures with the 4th gen console in place? That'd give an even better indication of how they'd look in a 4th gen.

J.
Haha ya no problem man...btw man im a huge fan of your car...if and when I have the money to ****** a wrecked ls1 98+ trans am wanna come out and help me do a swap of dash and motor and all? lol

As of the seats holding you in, eh they are leather so you slide around a lil bit no matter if they were more like a bucket style or not but they do hold me pretty good. I know i dont have a crazy fast car as of right now but I LOVE to go through the corners and it does hold me pretty well in the seat.

IMO if your looking for comfort then give the bonneville seats a try...if your looking for a nice *** huggin seat get a racing seat...you really cant have both.

As for pictures...ya ill have to take some of it. Im still in the process of doing the center console. Got it mostly done. Had to do a lil fitting as you know from the third gen site. Also need to get a shifter boot and lid. Also need to custom mount the window switchs and mirror switch. I can take a picture of it the way it is now if you want? It wont look complete but youll prolly get the idea.

To comment on the weight. As I dont have 4th gen seats and when I did have a 4th gen I never took the seats out i cant speak for the weight on them but I can honestly tell you I think they are lighter then the 3rd gen seats. I didnt weight them but it did feel lighter.

NOTE: Im not sure on the other years of bonneville seats. Mine were out of a 95 bonneville. As far as I can tell I am the ONLY one to do this; we will have to wait for others to try other years seats to confirm the fit of them.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

those seats are ugly.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
those seats are ugly.
+1 I'd look into the 6LE seats instead of these
Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 AM
TECH Resident

as bad as this sounds... 03-04 or even 99 and 01 cobra seats are by farrrr the best bang for the buck, they are comfy and the leather with the sweade is awsome. if someone had them recovered without the cobra emblem it would be perfect for the f-body. btw the bonne seats look to bulky.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Meh... To each their own. I think they look decent. They definatly look more plush and comfy than sporty. But I dont think they are ugly. Whatever makes your butt happy.

Personally...best bang for your buck in my opinion is 4th gen seats. They are WAY more comfy than the thirdgen seats, and can be had for really cheap. And the best part...they bolt right in 100%.

Haha...I dont think you can go wrong no matter what you replace those crappy old thirdgen seats with.

J.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
those seats are ugly.
yes very ugly i would rather put a lawn chair in my car stock leather t/a seats are really nice looking and comfortable. if i were to change the seats the only thing i would put in would be srt4 seats or recaros

Quick Reply: Bonneville seats in a 98 Camaro?